HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Jeff Sessions on sheriffs...

Mon Feb 12, 2018, 06:41 PM

Jeff Sessions on sheriffs' "Anglo-American heritage"

Last edited Mon Feb 12, 2018, 10:00 PM - Edit history (3)

Washington (CNN)Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday brought up sheriffs' "Anglo-American heritage" during remarks to law enforcement officials in Washington.

"I want to thank every sheriff in America. Since our founding, the independently elected sheriff has been the people's protector, who keeps law enforcement close to and accountable to people through the elected process," Sessions said in remarks at the National Sheriffs Association winter meeting, adding, "The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement."

"We must never erode this historic office," Sessions continued.

Invoking "Anglo-American heritage" seems to have been an impromptu decision by the attorney general. A written version of the remarks says that Sessions was supposed to say: "The sheriff is a critical part of our legal heritage."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/politics/jeff-sessions-anglo-american-law-enforcement/index.html

3 replies, 969 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jeff Sessions on sheriffs' "Anglo-American heritage" (Original post)
ProudProgressiveNow Feb 2018 OP
Hoyt Feb 2018 #1
Honeycombe8 Feb 2018 #2
Woodycall Feb 2018 #3

Response to ProudProgressiveNow (Original post)

Mon Feb 12, 2018, 07:38 PM

1. Racists like Sessions just can't hide it, they are so obvious. In fact, I think they say this crud

on purpose. After all, trump is in office as much due to his vocal hatred of minorities as any other reason.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Feb 12, 2018, 07:56 PM

2. That's it? No date or the subject of the speech?

I don't know what to think with just one sentence pulled out of its context. It sounds bad, but I think we've seen lately how sentences need to be read in context.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 12, 2018, 09:36 PM

3. Blame it on Hook Worms.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread