HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » 8 Anti-Net Neutrality Lea...

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 09:42 AM

8 Anti-Net Neutrality Leaders Received $4,520,434 from Lobbyists

3 replies, 2197 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply 8 Anti-Net Neutrality Leaders Received $4,520,434 from Lobbyists (Original post)
rsacamano Jun 2017 OP
Dustlawyer Jun 2017 #1
FakeNoose Jun 2017 #2
cstanleytech Jun 2017 #3

Response to rsacamano (Original post)

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 10:34 AM

1. The important point they make at the end that the media will not cover this issue because they are

closely tied to the companies who are legally bribing our elected officials.

We must spread the word to get the money out of our politics by using this as an example. The vast majority of Americans, Republican and Democrats alike, are opposed to ending Net Neutrality, but the politicians are being paid to end it!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 10:52 AM

2. In a nutshell

This guy is saying, the internet service providers such as Verizon (and others) have given scads of money to US Congressmen/women in order to get the Net Neutrality law changed.

It's worth a lot of money to them because they plan to sell the data they have harvested from "customers" - that would be us - they've collected over the years. Little did we know that every time we logged into our ISP we were providing them with more info that the ISP could sell to their advertisers. It just became an issue when these Republicans pushed the law through about a month ago that the service providers do own the data and they can sell it for a profit.

Most of us have been paying our Internet Service Provider a monthly fee for the service, I know I have. I was never informed that my search data would be sold to the highest bidder. Was anybody told that? We were told that our ISP would respect our privacy, until one day they didn't.

Is it really worth over $4 million to get this law changed?
Has the GOP even thought this through?

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 03:11 PM

3. Hmmm so a half a million bribe for each one? Thats cheap for the companies given the profit

they might be able to earn by gouging the consumers with higher prices.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread