HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Richard Pryor - Status Qu...

Sun May 21, 2017, 03:48 PM

Richard Pryor - Status Quo, Greed, Racism, Mainstream Media

1 replies, 5768 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Richard Pryor - Status Quo, Greed, Racism, Mainstream Media (Original post)
discocrisco01 May 2017 OP
Moostache May 2017 #1

Response to discocrisco01 (Original post)

Sun May 21, 2017, 03:55 PM

1. K&R as many times as possible!!!

Richard Pryor was insanely on point here...he was absolutely correct and named names - CAPITALISM IS THE PROBLEM!
Racism - overt, overt, systemic or any other kind - is a tool of control for those in power over those without true power or wealth (which increasingly are one in the same). Religion is a second mechanism of control that assists in this struggle and the reinforcement of the media to spread the messages of greed and divine authority brings it home to billions around the world.

Real change, the kind that will be forced on humanity after the climate and resource wars conclude is necessary for long term survival. The society that learns to survive and thrive on conservation and renewable energy will become the last ones standing. I hope there are enough to save the species in the end...I highly doubt it right now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread