HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Comedian Dave Chappelle a...

Tue Mar 7, 2017, 08:45 PM

Comedian Dave Chappelle addresses Village of Yellow Springs council meeting

Even when serious he's funny.

2 replies, 11532 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Comedian Dave Chappelle addresses Village of Yellow Springs council meeting (Original post)
NWCorona Mar 2017 OP
underpants Mar 2017 #1
dgauss Mar 2017 #2

Response to NWCorona (Original post)

Tue Mar 7, 2017, 08:59 PM

1. Yellow Springs

What a beautiful little town. We lived there until I was 7. Incredible memories of The Glenn, riding our bikes around all day with the ever present baseball glove and swimming cap. One of the two pools in town - everyone was allowed in both- required swimming caps because they had a perpetually broken filter system. At least that's what we were told.

It is a liberal oasis for sure. We lived there in the early 70's so Antioch was in full hippie mode. Years later we're the hippie look came back my brother, who was a Deadhead, and I laughed because until we left Yellow Springs we thought every college student looked like that.

I just read the story. That was a massive over reaction by the police. The pic reminded me of the Little Art Theater showing "Fantasia" during a matinee that was only young boys less than 12 years old. We had footraces up and down the aisle. I don't remember a single adult being there and management did nothing to stop us.

Great little town. It was also the end of the Underground Railroad from what I understand.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NWCorona (Original post)

Tue Mar 7, 2017, 10:54 PM

2. For those who didn't see this or would like to see it again...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread