HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Ukrainian TV channel fina...

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 07:49 AM

Ukrainian TV channel financed by US openly calls for genocide of the people of east Ukraine.

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by OKNancy (a host of the Video & Multimedia forum).

So this is what the US advocates for and finances now. The new coup imposed government are nazis in Kiev folks...they always were.

http://en.voicesevas.ru/news/analytics/2753-ukrainian-journalist-openly-calls-for-genocide-on-hromadske-tv-financed-by-the-us-and-the-netherlands.html

Transcript: “It’s perfectly simple. You need to kill 1.5 million people in Donbass”

Translated from Ukrainian by Valentina Lisitsa
Bogdan Boutkevitch: Ok, you ask me “How can this be happening?” Well, it happens because Donbass, in general, is not simply a region in a very depressed condition, it has got a whole number of problems, the biggest of which is that it is severely overpopulated with people nobody has any use for. Trust me I know perfectly well what I am saying.
If we take, for example, just the Donetsk oblast, there are approximately 4 million inhabitants, at least 1.5 million of which are superfluous. That’s what I mean: we don’t need to [try to] “understand” Donbass, we need to understand Ukrainian national interests.
Donbass must be exploited as a resource, which it is. I don’t claim to have a quick solution recipe, but the most important thing that must be done – no matter how cruel it may sound – is that there is a certain category of people that must be exterminated.

12 replies, 2443 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ukrainian TV channel financed by US openly calls for genocide of the people of east Ukraine. (Original post)
go west young man Aug 2014 OP
go west young man Aug 2014 #1
snappyturtle Aug 2014 #2
zeemike Aug 2014 #3
truth2power Aug 2014 #6
zeemike Aug 2014 #9
cpwm17 Aug 2014 #4
go west young man Aug 2014 #5
truth2power Aug 2014 #7
another_liberal Aug 2014 #8
truth2power Aug 2014 #10
another_liberal Aug 2014 #11
truth2power Aug 2014 #12

Response to go west young man (Original post)

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 07:50 AM

1. Amazingly the US is funding the TV network that this idiot appears on with our tax dollars.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume the producers who receive the US funding also advocate what this young idiot is proposing, which makes the US complicit by proxy for advocating for ethnic cleansing. Here's a link to the USAID program which provides part of the funding for this idiots ethnic cleansing message.

http://www.usaid.gov/news-information/press-releases/may-2-2014-usaid-increases-support-media-and-press-freedom-ukraine

Ironically, and sadly, the USAID program awarded that money the very same day of the Odessa Massacre... and the Kiev media then blamed the victims deaths on....get this...'themselves'. People who were stabbed, thrown from windows, burned alive, beaten, shot, strangled and raped... 'accidentally' killed themselves according to the people the US gave money to.

Here's the link to that one.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/sbu-russia-behind-kidnapping-of-osce-military-observers-updates-videos-346066.html

And here's a photo stream showing how all the victims died. Now take a good look and explain all these accidents. Including the woman who was raped before she was burned to death and the pregnant woman who was strangled.

Warning Graphic Content: http://ucmopuockon.livejournal.com/5885397.html

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 07:55 AM

2. Like to hear from Victoria Nuland about this. nt

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 08:07 AM

3. Yes but Putin.

Just keep focused on the bad man Putin...no need to look any farther than Putin for the cause of it all.

Response to zeemike (Reply #3)

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 11:19 AM

6. The demonization of Putin is sickening. As is the constant drumbeat about

American exceptionalism.

Both of those behaviors (putting others down and proclaiming how much better you are) are characteristics of a bully. In our case, practically every other world leader is fair game for being demonized or ridiculed.

The ridiculing of Putin and all things Russian started during the Olympics when the TV anchors never missed an opportunity to exhibit disdain for Sochi and the Russian government in general - until viewers started to complain, and then it let up, some. What a way to treat your host. It's crass!

And don't get me started about that athlete whose 'plan A' when stuck in the restroom was to bust out the door.

Response to truth2power (Reply #6)

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 11:53 AM

9. I never watched the Olympics or TV for that matter.

But I heard it all second hand here at DU...that was enough for me.
And yes it is disgusting...we should be better than that.

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 08:45 AM

4. If the people in east Ukraine don't want to be ruled by the Ukrainian government

then nobody has a right to tell them otherwise. Governments serve the people, not the other way around.

Clearly the Ukrainian government has lost all rights to claim they should represent east Ukraine.

Response to cpwm17 (Reply #4)

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 09:33 AM

5. After what the new coup imposed Ukrainian government have done

to the people of east Ukraine it is ludicrous that the US and EU expect them to just become subservient to those nazis who have been bombing them for 4 months. I posted early in the conflict that it would have been wiser to divide the country right up the middle down the Dneiper river due to it's ethnic diversity but many here at DU railed against it. Now over 5,000 innocent people who peacefully voted to separate (not a violent coup) have been murdered and the West continues to finance the atrocities even while the Kiev junta continues to indiscriminately bomb cities filled with millions of civilians. They are dying as we speak. This is what is happening to them. It's horrifying and we are financing it.....we are even keeping the Red Cross from helping while they wait to go in.

This is what it feels like to have bombs coming down on you and not knowing whether you and your children are going to live or die. Turn up the volume for full effect. Notice that the bombs are randomly falling in the city? There is no direct targeting of any troops. They are dropping them randomly on civilians. They are conducting ethnic cleansing. This is what the US financed Kiev coup imposed junta is doing to it's own people.

Response to go west young man (Reply #5)

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 11:36 AM

7. Shhh...Don't mention Nazis.

We don't want anyone to think the US Gov't is cozying up to a bunch of Nazis because it happens to be expedient right now.

It's easy enough to read and inform oneself as to the truth of the matter.

Yanukovich, reasonably, decided to decline the shitty contract offered by the EU that would have joined Ukraine, MILITARILY, to NATO. That was his undoing. Cue the jackals, as they say.

Oh, and there's that shale gas in eastern Ukraine. What a coinkidink! Just ask Beau Biden.

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 11:46 AM

8. If it looks like a fascist . . .

Walks like a fascist and spouts genocidal hate speak like this example, then you can pretty much bet the farm it is a fascist.

The powers that be in Kiev seem to be giving these monsters a home and making them welcome. Not that they won't pay for it in the end, they will, but that doesn't make it any less stunning to watch happen.

It has only been seventy years, people! How can we already be willing to let this thing take root again and grow?

As I said above, I am stunned.

Response to another_liberal (Reply #8)

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:07 PM

10. How can we let this happen, you ask? Because it's not happening.

According to the official narrative, that is.

On some blogs the area now controlled by the illegal junta is called "Banderastan" - a nod to Stepan Bandera, a Nazi collaborator who organized the Ukranian Waffen SS during WWII, currently a hero to the neo-Nazi faction in the coup government in western Ukraine.

Yeah - looks and walks like a duck, I'd say.

Response to truth2power (Reply #10)

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:52 PM

11. I heard a news report months ago . . .

Before President Yanukovich was even ousted, some NPR reporter was interviewing Western Ukrainians in one of the smaller cities near Kiev. She talked to one man who wouldn't give his actual name. He called himself, "Bandera's nephew." His tone was that of someone boasting about a matter of considerable pride.

The reporter's translator then explained that Bandera's nephew is how many ultra-nationalist and radical right-wing party members like to refer to themselves.

Response to another_liberal (Reply #11)

Mon Aug 11, 2014, 02:14 PM

12. I didn't know that - the 'Bandera's nephew' reference....

I probably shouldn't open this can of worms, but then why not?

I find it highly ironic that Obama never tires of emphasizing the US loyalty to Israel - first, last, and always. Yet he's perfectly fine with supporting a bunch of neo-Nazis if US interests are being served.

It validates what I've said about him here, that when I look at him the word that comes to mind is "expediency". There's no moral imperative, there. Nada.