HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » This smug reporter should...

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 09:55 AM

This smug reporter should be,

Tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

To the reporter who filed this "NEWS":

You Sir, are the Lowest of the low! you take a few bad examples, people at their absolute worst. These people are desperate, driven into poverty by the system that threw them overboard years ago. desperate for food, desperate for money, desperate for a Christmas that can give their children something.
So you, the opportunistic Hypocrite that you are, used the broadest of brushes to paint all with the slime you willfully wallow in. You serve your audience of the 1% well! telling them it's good to be selfish! (Greed is good) The Mantra of the greedy. Again accusing the desperate of what you and your ilk are the most guilty of. This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Sleep well You bastard, may you never have to face the choices these people face every day.
your utube channel should die of neglect, and you should go crawl back to the sewer which you came from! May your god forgive you, cause I will never.

2 replies, 1670 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply This smug reporter should be, (Original post)
imthevicar Dec 2013 OP
Dustlawyer Dec 2013 #1
Spitfire of ATJ Dec 2013 #2

Response to imthevicar (Original post)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 11:42 AM

1. There are always scammers, so should you let that stop you from donating?

I hate our so called "journalism," or what passes for journalism today. In working the Gulf Coast signing up oil spill victims I was ambushed in a meeting with clients by a New York Times reporter who had our firm correspondence to clients telling them where and when I was going to be. He was doing a story on a Plaintiff Steering Committee attorney who claimed to have signed up 10's of thousands of claims right after the spill and was also trying to add to that a couple of Vietnamese individuals signing up cases by allegedly misrepresenting what the contract was for. He was looking for dirt on me as well (I hosted Town Hall meetings which are legal, they come to me, not the other way around). I asked him "why hurt these victims doing these stories when BP at the time was refusing to pay "Interim Benefits" to fishermen who could not work. These people were literally starving, being evicted, losing their boats and equipment and BP would offer $5,000 cash to release all claims for all defendants. Fishing the Gulf is on its way out now and their ability to earn a living is going right along with it.
I asked why not do a story on the fact that BP sprayed the Corexit to sink the oil out of sight so it could not be sucked up and counted by the barrel and BP fined for it? By doing so they have contaminated the Gulf for generations. He finally admitted that he was told to dig up dirt on Plaintiff attorneys and stay away from BP, Halliburton and Trans Ocean.
The stories of what is really happening do not get written or filmed because BP is the biggest advertiser on the Gulf Coast since the spill. TV Stations, radio, and print have seen what happens to news outlets that do a negative story against BP, their ad dollars disappear! That is why everyone hears only BP's propaganda and thinks this is over except for the greedy lawyers and the BS claims. Nothing could be further from the truth. Maddow said she would be making follow up trips to follow the aftermath of the spill, but she never returned to follow up, no one did!
Unless we stand up to the Plutocracy by enacting real campaign finance reform and publicly funded elections. Unless we bust up the oligopolies in media, Wall Street, oil companies... we are doomed as a Democracy!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to imthevicar (Original post)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:06 PM

2. It's all part of the mythology of the Right that there ARE no hungry people in America....

That's right.

No homeless veterans.

No hungry children.

It's all a con to get you to have "feelings" when you are supposed to be uncaring and dead in the center and ANGRY that "those people" should get off their ass and get a job.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread