HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » I LOVE Watching MIC Press...

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 02:09 PM

I LOVE Watching MIC Presstitutes Get SMACKED DOWN By A Real Journalist :)

Actual title

Hillary Mann, former Bush and Clinton administration official discussing the Syrian crisis with a panel of pro war commentators on UP with Steve K. Lets just say she represented the progressive side very well.

Enjoy

14 replies, 4541 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply I LOVE Watching MIC Presstitutes Get SMACKED DOWN By A Real Journalist :) (Original post)
yoloisalie Sep 2013 OP
jakeXT Sep 2013 #1
freedom fighter jh Sep 2013 #2
grasswire Sep 2013 #3
snappyturtle Sep 2013 #4
thelordofhell Sep 2013 #5
classof56 Sep 2013 #6
cachukis Sep 2013 #7
classof56 Sep 2013 #8
mazzarro Sep 2013 #9
Quixote1818 Sep 2013 #10
Cassidy Sep 2013 #11
classof56 Sep 2013 #12
DhhD Sep 2013 #13
briggavell Sep 2013 #14

Response to yoloisalie (Original post)

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 02:35 PM

1. Sounds like someone with experience

Last night senior Ministry of Defence sources confirmed that the Prime Minister was aware of several intercepts that had been picked up by nuclear submarine HMS Tireless, by RAF spy planes and by the Troodos listening station but they said the messages were initially treated with “caution” by analysts, who feared they might be fakes “planted” by rebels desperate for Western military support.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1014&pid=582610

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 02:37 PM

2. "The U.S. has no responsibility to punish."

I'm glad someone has said it. This idea of punishing doesn't seem to have a basis in law; can't see how punishing will bring peace or protect anyone.

Reply to this post

Response to freedom fighter jh (Reply #2)

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 02:45 PM

3. Nietzsche said it.

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong."

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 03:39 PM

4. I saw this live this morning...thank you for posting it so

others can see it.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 03:59 PM

5. She put the smackdown on those chicken hawks on the panel

WTG Hillary Mann

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 04:50 PM

6. I thought she was mouthy, overbearing, annoying and unwilling to engage in the discussion.

Kinda hope she's not the epitome of a "real journalist", but I'm sure that's probably just me.

Just in case anyone wonders, I'm totally against any intervention in any Middle Eastern country, especially Syria, and very glad Congress will now be required to weigh in on the subject. Gonna be interesting!

Blessings.

Reply to this post

Response to classof56 (Reply #6)

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 05:10 PM

7. Balls.

Reply to this post

Response to cachukis (Reply #7)

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 05:41 PM

8. Balls? That's all ya got?

Hey, I remember World War II and the horrific details of the Holocaust when they started coming out. I recall the Korean "Conflict". In 1958 I was gravely concerned about Operation Blue Bat in Lebanon (google that if you want to know more), since my only brother was in the military. And then there was Viet Nam--I remember lots and lots about Viet Nam for far too many years, even did some street marching over that one. There were a few others, too--Granada, Gulf Storm, and of course "Operation Enduring Freedom" in Afghanistan, and oh, yeah, Iraq, which I protested on street corners, for all the good it did me. Right now, my biggest fear is that my grandsons will be sent off to fight some pointless war. Hope you're on board with that, chachukis.

My own personal battles throughout my life included equal rights and pay for women, right to privacy and to make my own decisions, etc., all the while being diminished, devalued and dismissed because--well, because I was female. At some point, I made the conscious decision to rise up in my own defense and lobby for equal treatment on all fronts. You could say--I grew some Balls!

So--I could go on, but I won't. If I'm not entitled to my own opinion, give me a reason why and I promise to listen. Meanwhile, please know that this old lady in her 70s does indeed, finally and at last, have some Balls. I stand up for what I believe and I don't hold back. So maybe I should consider your response a compliment, huh? Of course, you're entitled to your opinion, but I would appreciate it if you did not dismiss mine with an ugly word that generally applies to the male of the species. Then again...

Cheers.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 06:10 PM

9. She maybe mouthy, as you may have assumed, but ...

when the whole MSM megaphone is pro-bomb Assad, then any anti-bomb Assad proponent has to fight harder to get cautionary comment into the conversation - IMO.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 07:23 PM

10. I got the same impression.

Watched it thinking it was going to be an epic takedown. But more than likely she turned people on the fence off. And like you, I am with her 100%. Just wish she had done a better job.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 08:41 PM

11. Syria is a problem for the world, not the USA, to solve.

Thank you classof56. Superficially, Mann Leverett and I may agree, but based on this clip, I would not consider her trustworthy, much less to speak for me.

1. Mann Leverett claims, "It [the Syrian question] is strikingly similar to the lead up to the war in Iraq." Yeah, cause Iraq was in the middle of an on-going civil war? No, her supporting argument is that the Bush administration, which she was a member of, had to deal with Congressional Democrats members of the media and the unquestioned herd mentality that took over. Somehow, I have a hard time seeing Congress rolling over for Obama like they did for Bush.

2. She points out that the push for war in Iraq was based on manufactured evidence. What a revelation. While she was serving in the Bush administration, did she resign in protest and become a whistle blower to let people know this? Maybe my google just isn't working, but I didn't find any evidence of any such decency.

3. She argues that Putin is the only one asking the tough questions. Oh, please. She argues that the sarin and the rockets used in the spring in Syria were homemade. Is it credible that everything the US government says is a lie, while everything the Russian and Chinese governments say is true? That is her position.

I could go on, but I won't. I distrust anyone who uses the Gish Gallop in debate and Mann Leverett is galloping so hard that, as the end of the segment nears, she is gasping for breath.

It can be simultaneously true that the Syrian regime is gassing its own people and the US should not take any action. Please, lets make our arguments based on facts and reason.

Reply to this post

Response to Cassidy (Reply #11)

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 08:55 PM

12. Thank you, Cassidy.

You have stated what I was thinking, but much better than I could manage to articulate. I thought the others on the panel responded well, when they could get a word in edgewise, and kinda resent her being characterized as a "real journalist" to the detriment of Richard Wolffe, etc. Excellent point you made about her not resigning in protest once she realized what was behind the Iraq debacle. Hmmm--wonder why not? And as for Putin being the only one that asks the tough questions...where did that come from? Anyway, thanks for weighing in, and I'd say welcome to DU except I see you've been around awhile. Glad you're on board!

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 1, 2013, 09:03 PM

13. IMO, Humanitrianism from surrounding countries and the World is our part, not punishment.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 2, 2013, 03:45 AM

14. Let's be adults

I sat through and listened to all of these "people" talk around what's really going on. This is like everything else. About oil. They all full of it. This attack, 911, kuwait. Irag, all of it. It's about resources. I'd like it better if the US government just came out and said listen "people" America is a company like other countries are companies. We have to stay afloat and keep the business going, we need oil and other things and our weapons are to help "us" protect ours and take others. I'd be more incline to support the truth. We do need it. And if they have and we don't.... I'm sure they won't mind us sharing theres. =)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread