HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Corporate driven educatio...

Sat Feb 22, 2014, 01:51 PM

Corporate driven education reform: "Cookies for Corporations, Crumbs for Children"

That cookies and crumbs comment seems to sum up how Republicans and corporate Democrats deal with almost everything: the public good is at best considered a happy accident and at worst isn't considered at all.

In every place where Democrats have a choice between a corporate Democrat and a progressive, we have to do whatever we can to get the progressive in power.

Otherwise, our public schools will eventually look like shopping malls

Who Robbed the Children?
by dianeravitch

A reader comments:

"It's rather ironic and infuriating that our schools have been robbed of necessities under the catchy phrase "No Child Left Behind" and the more straight foward one, "Race to the Top" ( or push to the bottom) I have been teaching for over 30 years and have watched as the robbing and eventual exploitation of our children has become the norm. The bad old days before any of this began were so much better. In my opinion, they have segregated education once again. Now it's the haves and have nots. I read a phrase that describes it well, "Cookies for Corporations, Crumbs for Children" That's how it is and now they are trying to take away the crumbs!"

dianeravitch | February 22, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Categories: NCLB (No Child Left Behind), Race to the Top | URL: http://wp.me/p2odLa-68W

4 replies, 1018 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Corporate driven education reform: "Cookies for Corporations, Crumbs for Children" (Original post)
yurbud Feb 2014 OP
blkmusclmachine Feb 2014 #1
yurbud Feb 2014 #2
jsr Feb 2014 #3
yurbud Feb 2014 #4

Response to yurbud (Original post)

Sat Feb 22, 2014, 07:14 PM

1. Trickle Down Education, Bay-bee!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to blkmusclmachine (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 22, 2014, 08:01 PM

2. unfortunately, it's a bipartisan piss storm

Reply to this post

Response to yurbud (Original post)

Sat Feb 22, 2014, 09:54 PM

3. Very apt phrase

Reply to this post

Response to jsr (Reply #3)

Sun Feb 23, 2014, 12:31 PM

4. that sums Washington's bipartisan consensus on a lot of issues: "First do no harm...

to our wealthy donors and past, future (and let's face it, present) employers.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread