HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » US job openings rose in M...

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 10:50 AM

US job openings rose in May, good sign for hiring!

WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. employers advertised more jobs in May than April, a hopeful sign after three months of weak hiring.

Job openings rose to a seasonally adjusted 3.6 million, the Labor Department said Tuesday. That's up from 3.4 million in April. It's also the second-highest level in nearly four years, just behind March's 3.7 million.

link

2 replies, 941 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply US job openings rose in May, good sign for hiring! (Original post)
yortsed snacilbuper Jul 2012 OP
Lionessa Jul 2012 #1
BlueCaliDem Jul 2012 #2

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 10:57 AM

1. We're now in the middle of July, if this had been good news,

I think the June employment numbers would've been better.

Lots of hope and smoke, but jobs are not back, economy is not substantially growing because those with the "new" jobs are more than not under-employed meaning they are void of discretionary spending money and until the worker bees can afford to buy goods comfortably as well as having everyone who wants a job gets a job, these reports are meaningless.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 11:00 AM

2. I was confused by this post until I followed the link and found this part:

"A rise in openings could mean hiring will pick up in the coming months. It typically takes one to three months to fill a job."

Now I see what you were trying to convey.

To clarify . . . I was wondering why you'd post something that happened in May since it's now July, but now I understand it.

This is very good news for President Obama and not so good news for the GOP and R'money.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread