HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Turnout wins elections. ...

Tue Oct 4, 2022, 05:31 PM

Turnout wins elections. All hands on deck and other cliches.

https://signalpress.blogspot.com/2022/10/turnout-wins-elections-all-hands-on.html

Election day is November 8. Mark the date on the calendar in red, circle it, put a reminder up on the fridge, or, better yet, get the ducks in order and send in your mail-in ballots. There is no excuse for not voting this time around because this could be the last chance Americans have to cast a ballot that counts in an election. There are people running in multiple states who, if they are elected, and they get their way, will work to do away with individuals casting ballots in elections and a new ruling class will emerge which controls politics, abolishes term limits and listens to crazy, baseless, false conspiracy theories instead of the truth.

The biggest advantage that Democrats now have on their side in this midterm election is Donald Trump. Yes, that's what I meant to say. Even though the orange headed buffoon hasn't announced his candidacy for President, and he's not running in this election, he is on the ballot in the form of every election denier, conspiracy theorist, extremist and rich one percenter who is. It's pretty clear that most Americans, a clear majority that shows up in polls as a consistent 60% who do not approve of him, can't stand him and have no desire at all to see him ever live in the White House or serve as President again. If the Department of Justice does its job, his next government residence will be federal prison.

We need to do everything we can to make sure the voter turnout on our side, and for our candidates, is an overwhelming flood of resolve that sends a clear message to the conspiracy theorists, extremists, fascists and Trumpies. We don't want you in our government! In addition to votes, I think this effort will probably also take courts and protesters to convince reticent GOP election officials that the power lies with the people of the United States, and not with a judge or a state legislature.

Let's do this!

1 replies, 526 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Turnout wins elections. All hands on deck and other cliches. (Original post)
lees1975 Oct 4 OP
gab13by13 Oct 4 #1

Response to lees1975 (Original post)

Tue Oct 4, 2022, 05:49 PM

1. This election won't be like any other election.

There is going to be turmoil and Democrats and DOJ had better be ready.

ps/ I already voted, I just have to mail it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread