HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Leonard Pitts: Trump want...

Fri Dec 3, 2021, 08:56 PM

Leonard Pitts: Trump wants to meet me! But first he wants a donation. The naked grift continues

So it turns out Iím a friend of Donald Trumpís. In fact, Iím one of his top supporters. Also, my name is Joe.

If this surprises you, imagine how I feel.

Those revelations come by way of Trump himself in emails that have deluged my inbox for months. From them, I learn that when Trump scans a list of his donors and doesnít see my name, heís hurt and surprised, given that Iíve always been so generous in the past.

He implores me to keep on giving. And just to sweeten the offer, he has a personally signed a MAGA hat for me. Or heís holding an ďOfficial Trump CardĒ for me! Or a ďLetís Go Brandon!Ē T-shirt thatís sure to ďtrigger the libs!Ē Or some Trump wrapping paper! Or an autographed baseball! And he wants to meet me! And if I act fast, heíll put me on the Trump Honor Roll!

It never stops. A dozen or more, every day. I am in mailing-list hell. Should it need saying: Iíve never given Donald Trump a dime. In fact, I havenít contributed to a political campaign since 1994. My son ran for sixth-grade president that year, and I sprang for markers and construction paper. He won on a platform of more field trips, a longer lunch period and better snack machines.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-wants-meet-first-wants-190000558.html

1 replies, 1345 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Leonard Pitts: Trump wants to meet me! But first he wants a donation. The naked grift continues (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Dec 3 OP
TreasonousBastard Dec 3 #1

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Dec 3, 2021, 09:35 PM

1. I get the same crap. Last one was the autographed baseball. But...

it was his autograph. Always tempted to send him 2 cents, but somehow never do.

Best one was when he promised "This is my last email."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread