HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Yes...it's true! You alwa...

Tue Sep 21, 2021, 08:51 AM

Yes...it's true! You always become what you hate

Last edited Thu Sep 23, 2021, 08:03 AM - Edit history (1)

Yes...itís true! You always become what you hate

There is this old adage: you always become what you hate. What does that mean anyway? Exactly what the axiom says. Let me explainÖ
I am a Baby Boomer. A late Boomer to be exact. Born in 54. Those images you saw in January 6th Washington D.C reminds me of the late 60ís and early 70ís. There were the Chicago riots of 68, and the May day protest in 71, Kent State and many others. The political right was fuming back then. They hated the New Left with all their passion. In the early 70ís some construction workers (A.K.S) Hardhats violently beat up some anti-war protesters. Then came the movie ďJoeĒ 1970 starring Peter Boyle. The character Joe goes on a shooting spree killing a bunch of hippies. Then there were the bumper stickers like a trail of peace signs and the caption of: Footprints of an American coward. Another well know one was: If you donít like the police next time you are in trouble call a Hippie. Then there were the most famous one: It had giant American flag and the text read: America: Love it or leave it.
Now keep in mind that the majority of Boomers were clean cut patriotic kids who were obedient to their parents, teachers, police and some volunteered to fight in Vietnam. They werenít cool like the Hippie, student radical rebels. But they thought God had a plan for them. So they got jobs, married had jobs.
Were they happy over the years? Some were and some werenít. A lot of them regretted not having an adventurous life like the Boomers who rebelled. So when the kids moved out of the house the fathers grew their gray hair out and the women took off their bras and stopped putting on make up. They started to eat health food. They wanted to vicarious relive the 60ís. There was one problem! They werenít bright when it came to political science. They didnít know their left from their right. Back in the 60ís they coalition with the Black movement, Native American movement, labor unions and the gay, womenís movement and the religious left.
The reactionary Boomers has a coalition with Neo-Nazis, the religious right, militia movement and the oil companies. The MAGA crowd now speak with fork tongue. They combine new left rhetoric with right wing propaganda. What you expect? Most of them are in their 70ís. Gen X are little more on the ball.
They all look like hippies or bikers. Now when itís all over, they will have to suffer their fate of obsolescence like us new left veterans. Why? Because they became what they hated.

Check out this video

2 replies, 954 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Yes...it's true! You always become what you hate (Original post)
Koch Ebola Sep 21 OP
Sinistrous Sep 21 #1
Koch Ebola Sep 23 #2

Response to Koch Ebola (Original post)

Tue Sep 21, 2021, 10:08 AM

1. Balderdash!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sinistrous (Reply #1)

Thu Sep 23, 2021, 08:06 AM

2. I use to live in Balderdash New Mexico!

What part of town did you live at?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread