HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Our President and First L...

Fri Jun 11, 2021, 07:52 PM

Our President and First Lady are having a very good visit to the UK and for the G7,

I am surprised there are so few articles and posts about it here on DU.

The expressions of the participants and people we have been given photos are full of smiling and or at least pleasant looking faces, not the strained expressions in that visit by the turnip.

I admit I am a bit of an Anglophile, with a Great Grandfather from Yorkshire (Father's side) and a Great Grandmother from Wales, (Mother''s side), so the connection is not that distant and there are still stories and family legends. I may have spent more time than average reading the articles and looking at the photos.

I have noticed though that sites like thehill .com, politico .com and a few others all are featuring conservative writers making picks and digs at the Bidens and Joe. Such pitiful attacks.

I'm not including links, we all have preferences but naturally bbc.com has the most to offer, but pbs has coverage.

Strange isn't it, how muted the coverage is, considering the coverage given earlier U.S. Presidential visits to UK.

That is probably my point, the muted coverage of this visit.

*edit: EU to G7

4 replies, 690 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Our President and First Lady are having a very good visit to the UK and for the G7, (Original post)
ShazamIam Jun 11 OP
Funtatlaguy Jun 11 #1
ShazamIam Jun 11 #2
Rhiannon12866 Jun 12 #3
Funtatlaguy Jun 12 #4

Response to ShazamIam (Original post)

Fri Jun 11, 2021, 09:49 PM

1. There's a long thread about CNN's Camerota being bored with it without Trump there.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Funtatlaguy (Reply #1)

Fri Jun 11, 2021, 09:52 PM

2. We do know there is no danger that the MSM will be accused of intellectualism.

Reply to this post

Response to Funtatlaguy (Reply #1)

Sat Jun 12, 2021, 12:24 AM

3. I believe she came to CNN from FOX

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #3)

Sat Jun 12, 2021, 01:00 AM

4. That is correct.

Reply to this post