HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Nixing prison time for ce...

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 08:15 PM

Nixing prison time for certain crimes among proposed changes to California Penal Code

March 2, 2021

by Antonio Ray Harvey, California Black Media

California’s Committee on Revision of the Penal Code (CRPC) released its first annual report last week. The proposal included 10 recommendations that would significantly reform California’s criminal justice system – if they are adopted into law.

Sen. Steven Bradford, D-Gardena, the chair of the Senate Committee on Public Safety, praised CRPC’s inaugural recommendations that, he says, “represent broad consensus among a wide array” of stakeholders, including law enforcement, crime victims, civil rights leaders and individuals directly impacted by the legal system.

“I commend the members of the Committee on Revision of the Penal Code for their diligent work in examining our state’s criminal laws and justice system,” said Bradford, who is also the chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus (CLBC).

“In the past year, Californians have rallied for systemic criminal justice reform and have repeatedly rejected tough-on-crime measures at the ballot box. As chair of the Senate Committee on Public Safety, I look forward to working with my colleagues and stakeholders on these recommendations.”

More:
https://sfbayview.com/2021/03/nixing-prison-time-for-certain-crimes-among-proposed-changes-to-california-penal-code/

1 replies, 635 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nixing prison time for certain crimes among proposed changes to California Penal Code (Original post)
Judi Lynn Mar 2 OP
Aristus Mar 2 #1

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 08:37 PM

1. The sooner the "Three Strikes - You're Out" era ends, the better.

The private prisons CEO's will just have to go get real jobs...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread