HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » GOP representative's husb...

Sat Feb 27, 2021, 11:25 AM

GOP representative's husband responds after militia group's decal seen on truck

7 hrs ago

The husband of Rep. Mary Miller, R-Illinois, has tried to distance himself from what the FBI says is a "radical militia group" with ties to last month's Capitol siege, after his pickup truck was seen on Capitol grounds that day with a large decal promoting the group.

When news of the decal promoting the "Three Percenters" militia group surfaced this week, Miller's husband, Illinois state representative Chris Miller, told the Daily Beast he "didn't know anything about [the group] until fake news" started asking questions about the decal seen on his vehicle.

In a statement to ABC News, Chris Miller said his son received the sticker "from a family friend who said that it represented patriotism and love of country." Miller insisted he has never been a member of the group.
But this isn't the first time he has helped promote the Three Percenters. In videos posted online, including one video posted to his own Facebook page, he stood in front of a Three Percenters banner -- and a QAnon sign -- last year as he railed against Democrats.

"We can be thankful [that] neither 'Crooked Hillary' or 'Creepy, Sleepy Joe' will ever be the president of the United States," he said in the video, which was shot at a May 2020 rally in Springfield, Illinois, where he and many others protested state measures to curb the COVID-19 pandemic. "We can be thankful … that we have a great American patriot in the White House that is determined to make America great again."

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-representatives-husband-responds-after-militia-groups-decal-seen-on-truck/ar-BB1e3KkC?li=BBnb7Kz

Rep. Mary Miller and husband, Rep. Chris Miller

7 replies, 1210 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP representative's husband responds after militia group's decal seen on truck (Original post)
Judi Lynn Feb 27 OP
JohnnyRingo Feb 27 #1
Sinistrous Feb 27 #2
JohnnyRingo Feb 27 #3
TXPaganBanker Feb 27 #4
Cracklin Charlie Feb 27 #5
sinkingfeeling Feb 27 #6
Martin68 Feb 27 #7

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Sat Feb 27, 2021, 11:46 AM

1. I get it. People make mistakes.

I mean, who would look into it before slapping it on the back of the truck? It could just as easily have been a BLM sticker.

He's just lucky his friend didn't give him a swastika sticker because it represents loyalty and devotion.
Imagine how red his face would be then.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JohnnyRingo (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 27, 2021, 11:58 AM

2. Based on the video cited in the OP,

the loyalties of the Millers are suspect.

Reply to this post

Response to Sinistrous (Reply #2)

Sat Feb 27, 2021, 12:04 PM

3. There was a lot of tongue in cheek in my reply.

It's obvious where their loyalties lie.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 27, 2021, 12:08 PM

4. Ridiculous, transparent denials that come with a wink.

They've become the MO of the party. Just say the words while whistling Dixie.

"What? This is a bank? And the bags I'm carrying are full of MONEY? I thought it was free taco day at the buffet. I'm pretty sure these bags are full of tacos, thanks. If I were robbing a bank, I'd know it. Fake news!"

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 27, 2021, 12:16 PM

5. What is the husband doing speechifying?

Which one of the couple works in Congress? Is he “helping” his wife with her job? That wasn’t a tiny sticker he put on his truck. It was a huge sticker.

He looks like a creeper.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 27, 2021, 12:22 PM

6. Mary Miller is the freshman Representative who quoted Hitler at

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 27, 2021, 07:20 PM

7. Standing strong with the bottom 3 percent on the IQ curve.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread