HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » For high school students,...

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 12:49 PM

For high school students, this is their 9/11

From my weekly blog for high school journalists:

Here are the first four graphs.

What you saw yesterday ó U.S. citizens committing insurrection and disrupting the lawful government of the United States of America doing its Constitutional duty ó was the result of lies.

Americans whipped up by a dishonest president and dishonest media stormed the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., to try and stop the pro forma act of the U.S. Senate confirming what we all knew as early as Nov. 7, that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will be the next president and vice president of the U.S., and that they won the election in the most secure election in U.S. history, according to U.S. intelligence services.

To not believe that is to have zero faith in the institutions of our government, the good Americans who staff it, the experts who study these things, and each other. Down that road lies ruin.

Youíve probably read the warnings for weeks, months, even years ó we canít continue to have a functioning democratic republic if we donít value truth, if we donít work from a common set of facts to continue this experiment in self-government. While that may have seemed like rhetoric at the time, it became very real around 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021.

Jay

2 replies, 578 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply For high school students, this is their 9/11 (Original post)
jayschool2013 Jan 2021 OP
kimbutgar Jan 2021 #1
Dyedinthewoolliberal Jan 2021 #2

Response to jayschool2013 (Original post)

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 12:54 PM

1. I thought yesterday was a great history lesson of what traitors to our constitution looked

Like. I suspect a lot of zoom high school classes will be discussing this.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jayschool2013 (Original post)

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 12:55 PM

2. If you look at it like that,

I graduated HS in 1968- They killed MLK, Bobby Kennedy and then there were the riots in Chicago at the Democratic Convention. I think if the kids have paid attention, most of them will know who and what is responsible for yesterday.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread