HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Trump Announces Judicial ...

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 12:23 PM

Trump Announces Judicial Nominee; October 1, 2020

NOMINATIONS & APPOINTMENTS

President Donald J. Trump Announces Judicial Nominee
LAW & JUSTICE

Issued on: October 1, 2020

Today, President Donald J. Trump announced his intent to nominate:

Joseph Dawson of South Carolina, to serve as Judge on the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina.

Joseph Dawson is the County Attorney for the County of Charleston, South Carolina, where he is responsible for managing and overseeing all legal matters for the County and its officials. Mr. Dawson also operates his own solo law practice and focuses on general civil litigation and providing strategic advice to small businesses. Mr. Dawson earned his B.A. from The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, and his J.D. from the University of South Carolina School of Law.

1 replies, 490 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Announces Judicial Nominee; October 1, 2020 (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Oct 1 OP
SCantiGOP Oct 1 #1

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 05:03 PM

1. One correction

The story is accurate, but it is bullshit to call The Citadel "The Military College of SC." Yes they wear uniforms and get up at 5am and march around, but it is a long way from a military academy. There is no provision to serve in the military after graduation.
Most of the people I have known over the years went there for one of two reasons: their behavioral problems led their parents to insist on it, or their father had attended.
It really irritates me that some of my state taxes go to support this little fascist "I want to play soldier" school.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread