HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Cops' daughter: Saying 'B...

Sat Sep 26, 2020, 10:27 PM

Cops' daughter: Saying 'Blue lives matter' doesn't honor police. It divides all of us.

My mom was a bad ass.

She was a unique example of grandeur every time she left our San Fernando Valley home to go to work.

A Black woman suited up in her Los Angeles Police Department uniform making strides in a county still dusting off the ashes from the Rodney King riots in the early '90s.

When she pulled her hair out of her face, tying it into a large French braid along the back of her head, she was in go mode.

I never understood how one human being could effortlessly demand so much respect. But as a Black female officer, she had to.

-more-

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cops-daughter-saying-blue-lives-090010564.html

1 replies, 731 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cops' daughter: Saying 'Blue lives matter' doesn't honor police. It divides all of us. (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Sep 26 OP
keithbvadu2 Sep 27 #1

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 12:10 AM

1. Whatever negative the right thinks of 'Black Lives Matter' is also applicable to 'Blue Lives Matter'

Whatever negative the right thinks of 'Black Lives Matter' is also applicable to 'Blue Lives Matter'.

The only difference is the color.

If someone challenges you with 'Blue Lives Matter', reply with their own 'All Lives Matter.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread