HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Joe Biden keeps this simp...

Tue Aug 11, 2020, 09:46 PM

Joe Biden keeps this simple comic strip on his desk -- here's what it says

dchoi@businessinsider.com (David Choi)
August 11, 2020, 7:21 PM

Former Vice President and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden announced Sen. Kamala Harris of California as his running mate on Tuesday, finalizing the Democratic ticket for the 2020 presidential election.

But Biden's announcement also drew interest for other reasons, particularly after his campaign released a photo of what appeared to the exact moment.

The photo revealed Biden holding a phone while video-conferencing with Harris on his laptop. And behind his laptop revealed a framed comic, one that holds a special meaning for the Democrat.

The comic is a simple two-frame piece from Dik Browne's "Hägar the Horrible," a 1970s-era comic strip of a charming viking from the Middle Ages, according to comics subscription website Comics Kingdom. "Hägar the Horrible" has appeared in numerous advertisements and pop-culture references, in addition to nearly 2,000 newspapers.

More:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden-keeps-simple-comic-002158612.html

3 replies, 1558 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Joe Biden keeps this simple comic strip on his desk -- here's what it says (Original post)
Judi Lynn Aug 11 OP
Cirque du So-What Aug 11 #1
Totally Tunsie Aug 12 #2
MurrayDelph Aug 12 #3

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Tue Aug 11, 2020, 09:56 PM

1. In November, it'll be Cheeto Benito crying out 'why me?'

And the reply: ‘I dunno, Donnie. There’s something about you that pisses me off.’

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 12, 2020, 03:31 AM

2. Joe's desk is that of a well-rounded man.

It has work equipment (computer, pens), mementos that show his connection to people,
cartoons for humor, and a lamp so he can work into the night, displayed but leaving space for work.

Chump's desk (as president), on the other hand, is as empty as he is - no work supplies, no mementos, no paper showing accomplishment, no reading material, and no light to extend his day.

Now, contrast that with Chump's desk when it meant $$$ directly into his pocket:

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 12, 2020, 11:33 AM

3. Here's the strip

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread