HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Angry about looters? Redi...

Mon Jun 8, 2020, 02:17 PM

Angry about looters? Redirect rage toward discriminatory system

-

You’ve most likely seen the images of people running out of stores with whatever they can carry in Oakland, San Francisco, Richmond, San Leandro and other cities in the United States.

That’s all our president wants you to see. He doesn’t want you to see the largely peaceful, nationwide demonstrations against police violence in the wake of George Floyd’s death in police custody in Minneapolis for what they really are: people rallying because they’re fed up with a system that disadvantages communities of color.

Sadly, the brutalization of black and brown people doesn’t get the same attention as looting does. But when cities burn, elected officials listen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/angry-about-looters-redirect-rage-toward-discriminatory-system/ar-BB15bIXR?ocid=spartandhp
==========

3 replies, 403 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Angry about looters? Redirect rage toward discriminatory system (Original post)
Amy-Strange Jun 2020 OP
fierywoman Jun 2020 #1
Amy-Strange Jun 2020 #2
fierywoman Jun 2020 #3

Response to Amy-Strange (Original post)

Mon Jun 8, 2020, 03:10 PM

1. Could we get real about who the looters really are? RW provocateurs, organized gangs etc.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to fierywoman (Reply #1)

Mon Jun 8, 2020, 03:15 PM

2. You might be right, and...

-

I tend to agree with you.
=========

Reply to this post

Response to Amy-Strange (Reply #2)

Mon Jun 8, 2020, 03:16 PM

3. I wish every time there was a looting, they would be identified as "they were NOT peaceful

protesters."

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread