HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » 'Trump is killing his own...

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 07:56 PM

'Trump is killing his own supporters' - even White House insiders know it

Lloyd Green writes in Sunday's The Guardian:

On Sunday, initially at least, there was no White House briefing on the president’s public schedule. But the bad news kept coming. Coronavirus deaths continued to climb and reports of the heartland being unprepared for what may be on its horizon continued to ricochet around the media.

In the words of one administration insider, to the Guardian: “The Trump organism is simply collapsing. He’s killing his own supporters.”

Trump is telling NFL owners he wants the season to start on time. He is disregarding Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advice on wearing facemasks in public. And he is touting untested coronavirus cures live on national TV.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/05/trump-is-killing-his-own-supporters-coronavirus-covid-19

If Trump's (in)actions result in fewer Trump voters, well, I'd be lying if I said that that would sadden me.

4 replies, 929 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Trump is killing his own supporters' - even White House insiders know it (Original post)
Absolute Kelvin Apr 6 OP
brewens Apr 6 #1
SunSeeker Apr 7 #3
brewens Apr 7 #4
RussBLib Apr 6 #2

Response to Absolute Kelvin (Original post)

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 08:03 PM

1. It's really natural selection in many cases, and we'll find many more. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to brewens (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 7, 2020, 12:40 AM

3. Unfortunately, Covid-19 is hitting African Americans the hardest.

72% of Covid-19 fatalities in Chicago are black, even though only 30% of the population is black. African Americans are a disproportionate share of frontline workers (bus drivers, delivery, grocery stores, nurses, etc.), have higher rates of poverty, leading to poorer health and health coverage. There was also some horrible online misinformation that black people could not get Covid-19.

Reply to this post

Response to SunSeeker (Reply #3)

Tue Apr 7, 2020, 12:47 AM

4. The many cases I was referring to would be those that die because they believed what Trump

was saying. Those that went out despite warnings because they still believed it was just the flu, or maybe a Trumper that had a Trumper kid that came in an gave it to them.

Reply to this post

Response to Absolute Kelvin (Original post)

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 08:35 PM

2. There have been a few deaths from chloroquine

And you know only Trumpanzees would do that.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread