HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Intel hire shows Trump va...

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 03:50 PM

Intel hire shows Trump values loyalty over resume

-snip-

“I am pleased to announce that our highly respected Ambassador to Germany, @RichardGrenell, will become the Acting Director of National Intelligence. Rick has represented our Country exceedingly well and I look forward to working with him,” Trump tweeted.

This might be Trump’s most unqualified selection of a major Cabinet position to date. Grenell’s government experience is confined to serving as a spokesman for the U.S. mission to the United Nations during the George W. Bush administration and serving as ambassador to Germany for a little less than two years. The best thing one can say about Grenell’s first tour in government is that he was less obnoxious than John Bolton. The best thing one can say about Grenell’s second tour is that he managed to avoid being directly implicated in the effort to extort Ukraine.

The worst thing one can say about Grenell’s time as ambassador is that he is bad at his job. According to a damning Der Spiegel profile from January 2019, he had managed to marginalize himself from the German government: “In Berlin, he has largely become isolated. The powerful avoid him. Doors have been shut.” I may be just a small-town political scientist, but I reckon that an ambassador to a treaty ally is doing a poor job if no one in that country’s government will listen to what he is saying.

Needless to say, Grenell has never spent a day as an intelligence officer or analyst in any capacity, nor does he appear to have the management experience that one would want from someone tasked to oversee 17 separate intelligence agencies. On the other hand, he has reached “gold” status in the “Trump Card” hotel loyalty program.

https://www.heraldnet.com/opinion/commentary-intel-hire-shows-trump-values-loyalty-over-resume/?utm_source=DAILY+HERALD&utm_campaign=e30e0a9190-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d81d073bb4-e30e0a9190-228635337

It seems there's only one qualification required to work for Trump. Say yes and kiss his immense ass.

How smart or dumb you are doesn't matter.

4 replies, 559 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Intel hire shows Trump values loyalty over resume (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Feb 21 OP
Turbineguy Feb 21 #1
empedocles Feb 21 #2
Thomas Hurt Feb 21 #3
calimary Feb 21 #4

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 03:55 PM

1. Who wants to go through

a bunch of stuff about experience and education when you can stop writing after:

"I want to kiss your Ass!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 03:56 PM

2. Gangster H.R.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 04:04 PM

3. Trump doesn't want competence in the position, just an informer and rubber stamp.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 04:06 PM

4. Yep. Should have been a blaring siren going off with Jim Comey's experience.

Remember, early-on in trump’s term, when Jim Comey described his first personal meeting with trump? And trump waited til everybody else left the room and it was just himself with Comey, and he asked if he had Comey’s loyalty?

And Comey answered “I can’t promise you my loyalty but I can promise I’ll give you my honesty”?
And BOOM! Before he knew it, he was in LA to give a speech and here comes trump’s man hand-carrying a “you’re fired” message?

That was early in this nightmare. Man-oh-man did that smack me in the face like a flying cream pie!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread