HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Remember, Roger Stone is ...

Sun Feb 16, 2020, 07:56 PM

Remember, Roger Stone is only one of the bad apples in Trump's basket

Fresh from his acquittal by the U.S. Senate, President Trump is on an I-am-exonerated victory tour, touting his integrity along with that of his cronies, advisors and appointees, and castigating the supposed witch-hunters of the Democratic Party.

But the sentencing later this month of Trump’s longtime friend and political advisor — the self-proclaimed “dirty tricks” operative Roger Stone — offers a timely reminder of the scope of scandalous, and in some cases criminal, behavior by the president’s associates and underlings.

No fewer than six people in the president’s near orbit — including Stone — have been convicted or pleaded guilty to criminal charges including fraud, lying to federal investigators and lying to Congress. Four Cabinet-level appointees left amid allegations of misusing tax dollars or other misdeeds. More investigations continue into Trump lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani and Trump’s inaugural committee. There’s nothing “fake” about those controversies.

Perhaps that’s to be expected, given the president’s own character. He lies, he bullies, he interferes with investigations and exudes disdain for the rule of law. As we’ve seen again in just the last week, he meddles with the Justice Department, attacks judges and generally encourages American cynicism toward crucial institutions.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-02-16/roger-stone-trump-corruption

1 replies, 662 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Remember, Roger Stone is only one of the bad apples in Trump's basket (Original post)
Zorro Feb 16 OP
leftieNanner Feb 16 #1

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Sun Feb 16, 2020, 09:00 PM

1. I hope Amy Berman Jackson

Kicks Stone's ass! And Billy Barr's in the process during the phone call on Tuesday.

I am looking forward to hearing Rachel on Tuesday. Oh, who am I kidding? I look forward to Rachel EVERY day!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread