HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Buffoons, idiots and rogu...

Fri Jan 17, 2020, 08:31 PM

Buffoons, idiots and rogues could bring down a president. It wouldn't be the first time.

Who are these guys? Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman and now Robert F. Hyde? Documents disclosed by Parnas to the House Intelligence Committee — which he discussed in an interview with MSNBC host Rachel Maddow that aired Wednesday — paint a picture suggestive of low-level mobsters working on harebrained schemes, including potential surveillance of a U.S. ambassador. Possibly they were deadly serious, or maybe they are hangers-on playing fantasy spy games.

In either event, such bizarre activity, conducted when the participants think they have the imprimatur of the president, can have profound consequences for the occupant of the Oval Office. It has happened before.

In handwritten notes, apparently summarizing a call with the president’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, for whom he was working at the time, Parnas wrote a to-do list that reads like a series of confessions: “get [Ukrainian president Volodymyr] Zalensky to Annouce that the Biden case will Be Investigated,” for example — referring to the effort to dig up dirt on former vice president Joe Biden. Also: “do my ‘magic’ and cut deal.” Profanity-laced texts that Parnas exchanged with Hyde, a onetime landscaper and Connecticut congressional candidate, sound ominous indeed, though Parnas told Maddow he didn’t take Hyde seriously.

The messages show Hyde claiming he had engaged operatives in the Ukraine to follow then-Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, and read like a bad “Godfather” knockoff. “They will let me know when she’s on the move,” Hyde wrote. “… The guys over [there] asked me what I would like to do and what is in it for them.” In another text, Hyde wrote, “Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money…”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/opinions-buffoons-idiots-and-rogues-could-bring-down-a-president-it-wouldn-t-be-the-first-time/ar-BBZ1XSr?ocid=msn360

4 replies, 1028 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Buffoons, idiots and rogues could bring down a president. It wouldn't be the first time. (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jan 17 OP
DavidDvorkin Jan 17 #1
murielm99 Jan 18 #2
DavidDvorkin Jan 18 #3
NotHardly Jan 18 #4

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Jan 17, 2020, 09:36 PM

1. The problem is the wall of rogues protecting him.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DavidDvorkin (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 18, 2020, 12:55 AM

2. Nixon had his plumbers.

A lot of good they did him in the end.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to murielm99 (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 18, 2020, 01:11 AM

3. Yeah, but Trump's wall of rogues controls the Senate

And the Justice Department.