HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Conan the dog is a hero. ...

Sat Nov 2, 2019, 12:46 PM

Conan the dog is a hero. But Trump is using him for attention.

By Kathleen Parker

When youíre on your last leg, when your colleagues have turned tail, when the House of Representatives passes the rules under which you will almost certainly be impeached ó you have to be creative.

Thus, it came to pass that Donald Trump, the first president in 120 years to not have a dog, created a national hero in the canine Conan, who cornered Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, whereupon the terrorist kingpin committed suicide.

Conan is, no doubt, a hero. Indeed, this particular pooch is coming to the White House soon for a heroís welcome because thatís how barking mad this president has become. Not that I would deny Conan his due ó perhaps a lifetime supply of his favorite treats? But an invitation to the White House?

Donít get me wrong. I love dogs. Full stop. Anyone who knows me wants to come back as my dog. I do, too. But this isnít really about the dog. As always, itís about Trump. Question: What do we know about Trump? He craves attention. What will he do to get attention? Anything. When things start going south for Trump, what does he routinely do? Creates a distraction. Even roll out the red carpet for a dog? Yes!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/conan-the-dog-is-a-hero-but-trump-is-using-him-for-attention/2019/11/01/3b62931e-fceb-11e9-ac8c-8eced29ca6ef_story.html?wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1

7 replies, 673 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Conan the dog is a hero. But Trump is using him for attention. (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Nov 2 OP
Rorey Nov 2 #1
LastLiberal in PalmSprings Nov 2 #2
FirstLight Nov 2 #3
Kaiserguy Nov 2 #4
Collimator Nov 2 #5
Haggis for Breakfast Nov 2 #6
Sewa Nov 3 #7

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Sat Nov 2, 2019, 12:52 PM

1. Logically I know that Conan will be super well behaved

But I'd give him the bestest dog treat in the world, no matter the cost, if he'd lift his leg and pee on Conald.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Rorey (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 2, 2019, 12:57 PM

2. +1000

Reply to this post

Response to Rorey (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 2, 2019, 01:53 PM

3. I thought of that too...

Or, since he's trained to go after Bad Guys...Bite him!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 2, 2019, 02:12 PM

4. I feel sorry for Conan

I'm sure Trump will do what he has done for all the team who have visited. Feed Conan cold hamberders from McDonalds. My one German Shepard turn her nose up at McDonalds hamburgers when I tired to feed her one. Conan deserves way better than the junk food Trump likes to eat.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 2, 2019, 03:40 PM

5. Let's face it.

Everything in the universe exists primarily to meet Trump's needs.

If there are leftovers of any particular thing--chocolate cake, ice cream, paper towels, air--then he gracious allows them to be shared.

Conan the Dog just has to face reality. Why should he be spared the awful truth that afflicts the rest of us on a daily basis just because he's a dog? At least he's seen horrible things up close before due to his war experiences. That gives him some preparation.

(That being said, I hope Conan takes a cue from the French knights in Monty Python's Search For the Holy Grail.
"I fart in your general direction!" )

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 2, 2019, 08:42 PM

6. Place Conan in WITSEC immediately !

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 3, 2019, 01:29 AM

7. Is Conan Trump's Pat Tillman?

Sorry itís a good story, but

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread