HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Is John Bolton the most d...

Thu May 16, 2019, 04:45 AM

Is John Bolton the most dangerous man in the world?

From Ben Armbruster in The Guardian:

Donald Trumpís national security adviser John Bolton wants the United States to go to war with Iran.

We know this because he has been saying it for nearly two decades.

And everything that the Trump administration has done over its Iran policy, particularly since Bolton became Trumpís top foreign policy adviser in April of 2018, must be viewed through this lens, including the alarming US military posturing in the Middle East of the past two weeks.

Just after one month on the job, Bolton gave Trump the final push he needed to withdraw from the Iran nuclear agreement, which at the time was (and still is, for now) successfully boxing in Iranís nuclear program and blocking all pathways for Iran to build a bomb. The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) Ė as the Iran deal is formally known Ė was the biggest obstacle to Boltonís drive for a regime change war, because it eliminated a helpful pretext that served so useful to sell the war in Iraq 17 years ago.

Full story: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/16/john-bolton-trump-iran-nuclear-deal-danger

8 replies, 825 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is John Bolton the most dangerous man in the world? (Original post)
arenean Thursday OP
gordianot Thursday #1
duforsure Thursday #2
Martin Eden Thursday #3
watoos Thursday #4
Cosmocat Thursday #5
rusty quoin Thursday #6
FiveGoodMen Thursday #8
BlueMTexpat Thursday #7

Response to arenean (Original post)

Thu May 16, 2019, 06:37 AM

1. I don't know about most dangerous but the case could be made that Homo Sapiens is a violent species.

Not that this criminal is actually capable of perpetrating literal violent acts he seems to encourage others. Combined with a Malignant Narcissist compounds the danger.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 16, 2019, 06:40 AM

2. trump hired him

To do this for him , so trump is using him to start it , and then will blame him for it when it backfires on them.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 07:16 AM

3. I'll take to the streets again, like I did in 2003

I hope I don't have to.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 07:26 AM

4. Trump is the most dangerous man in the world.

Trump does whatever Putin, Bibi, or MBS tell him to do.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 07:38 AM

5. Only conservatives can keep reanimating

people who spearhead epic disasters to get a second bite at the apple.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 07:39 AM

6. Goddamn if we make it through it's a miracle

Every shit trump hired is the worst. Bolton was the worst of bushís Gang ..oh wait..Cheney...you can always find worse.

Reply to this post

Response to rusty quoin (Reply #6)

Thu May 16, 2019, 12:56 PM

8. And if we make it through, we still have 100,000,000 enemies of democracy within our borders

THAT'S going to be really hard to fix.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 07:41 AM

7. John Bolton is a

terrible, awful, very bad person and he has always been. He is a warmonger par excellence. That is NOT a compliment. I have literally loathed him since 1982 and I personally have had very good reason to.

Usually saner people have been around to prevent his worst excesses. Unfortunately, under Bush II, Cheney unleashed him to assist with the Iraq War and we have all seen how that has turned out.

But with Trump and his Cabinet of idiots, crooks and lapdogs, there is literally no stopping him. A new conflagration in the ME is a VERY REAL possibility, as is civil war in Venezuela.

Unless Putin can convince Trump that Bolton is anathema - which he is - we need a deus ex machina to help us all.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread