HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » 'My Dad's Not a Racist': ...

Tue Mar 12, 2019, 05:29 PM

'My Dad's Not a Racist': Book Describes Ivanka Trump's Defense After Charlottesville

Source: New York Times

‘My Dad’s Not a Racist’: Book Describes Ivanka Trump’s Defense After Charlottesville

By Annie Karni and Maggie Haberman
March 11, 2019

WASHINGTON — When Gary D. Cohn was considering resigning as the top White House economic adviser after President Trump blamed “both sides” in a deadly white nationalist protest in Charlottesville, Va., his first stop was a meeting with Mr. Trump’s children.

In a conversation in August 2017 with Ivanka Trump, the president’s eldest daughter and senior adviser, Mr. Cohn was shocked by her reaction to his concerns, according to a new book about Ms. Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner.

“My dad’s not a racist; he didn’t mean any of it,” Ms. Trump said of the president’s refusal to condemn white nationalists outright. Appearing to channel her father, she added, “That’s not what he said.”

Mr. Cohn ultimately did not resign over the Charlottesville episode, instead leaving after losing a battle over trade policy last year. In a statement late Monday, Mr. Cohn said: “Ivanka and Jared brought me into the administration. We worked well together and continue to be friends to this day.”

-snip-

The book, which will be published by St. Martin’s Press on March 19, seeks to tell the behind-the-scenes story of Ms. Trump and Mr. Kushner’s rise to extraordinary power in the White House. Ms. Ward has said she spent two years interviewing 220 people for the book, granting many of them anonymity.

-snip-

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/11/us/politics/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-book.html

1 replies, 834 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'My Dad's Not a Racist': Book Describes Ivanka Trump's Defense After Charlottesville (Original post)
Eugene Mar 12 OP
MicaelS Wednesday #1

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 04:30 PM

1. I used to be a racist.

And I can assure of the fact Trump is a racist. He uses all the code-words I used years ago.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread