HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Trump Touts Summit Succes...

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 02:21 PM

Trump Touts Summit Success After Securing $10 Billion Deal To Sell Nuclear Warheads to North Korea

SINGAPORE—Saying the agreement represents a major high point in American international relations, President Trump concluded his summit with Kim Jong-un Monday by securing a $10 billion trade deal to sell both strategic and tactical nuclear warheads directly to North Korea.

“There was some negotiating involved in getting [Jong-un] to buy as many nukes as we wanted to sell, but by cutting the price, we came out with a deal that’s profitable for America and therefore good for the world,” said Trump of the pact, which requires the United States to provide the East Asian authoritarian state with 50 thermonuclear fusion weapons over the next five years.

“We’re taking this $10 billion and investing it right back into our economy, our arms industry, and especially our great military, because now more than ever we’re going to need them to help train, supply, and reinforce North Korean troops.”

At press time, Trump had threatened to pull out of the deal in a series of invective-laced tweets accusing Kim Jong-un of attempting to acquire $10 billion worth of nuclear weapons.

https://politics.theonion.com/trump-touts-success-of-singapore-summit-after-securing-1826742733

5 replies, 1331 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Touts Summit Success After Securing $10 Billion Deal To Sell Nuclear Warheads to North Korea (Original post)
Zorro Jun 2018 OP
Doreen Jun 2018 #1
Zorro Jun 2018 #2
Doreen Jun 2018 #3
murielm99 Jun 2018 #4
Doreen Jun 2018 #5

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 02:25 PM

1. Uhmm...maybe I am stupid.

I thought they were supposed to get rid of the nukes. This entire administration is a completely huge clusterfuck.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Doreen (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 02:26 PM

2. It's The Onion

Reply to this post

Response to Zorro (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 02:29 PM

3. Well, one of these days the Onion is going to joke about somthing to find out afterwards

it actually happened. OK, I feel better now....kind of.

Reply to this post

Response to Doreen (Reply #3)

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 12:17 AM

4. I always check to see if it is The Onion.

It is frightening how often it is not.

Reply to this post

Response to murielm99 (Reply #4)

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 02:38 AM

5. Yeah, I will check from now on.

The Onion and trump are on the close line to fact and fiction and it scares the hell out of me.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread