HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Chris Cillizza: Donald Tr...

Sun Feb 11, 2018, 08:29 AM

Chris Cillizza: Donald Trump believes the men. Always. Unless they're Democrats

Source: CNN

Donald Trump believes the men. Always. Unless they're Democrats

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Updated 0216 GMT (1016 HKT) February 11, 2018

(CNN) — If there's been one consistent thing about Donald Trump since he emerged as a presidential candidate in June 2015, it's this: When women accuse men of sexual assault or domestic abuse, Trump sides with the men.

The most recent example of this trend has played out over the last 72 hours -- as Trump has repeatedly noted that Rob Porter, his former staff secretary, denies the charges of physical and emotional abuse levied against him by both of his ex-wives as well as a former girlfriend.

-snip-

The one time Trump seems to take the claims of sexual assault or abuse by women at face value is when those charges are leveled against Democrats. When then-Sen. Al Franken of Minnesota and then-Rep. John Conyers of Michigan faced accusations of sexual assault or forcible groping, Trump offered this:

"Women are very special. I think it's a very special time, a lot of things are coming out and I think that's good for our society and I think it's very, very good for women and I'm very happy a lot of these things are coming out. I'm very happy it's being exposed."

If you look up "situational ethics" in the dictionary, this is it. When men who he likes or who agree with his political leaning are accused of this sort of behavior, Trump is quick to note their denials -- and to slough off the very real evidence many of these women have to back up their claims. When the man is a political opponent, Trump has no problem taking the word of the women.

-snip-

Read more: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/10/politics/donald-trump-abuse-claims-defense/index.html

4 replies, 1860 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chris Cillizza: Donald Trump believes the men. Always. Unless they're Democrats (Original post)
Eugene Feb 2018 OP
sharedvalues Feb 2018 #1
DFW Feb 2018 #2
dalton99a Feb 2018 #3
catbyte Feb 2018 #4

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Sun Feb 11, 2018, 09:45 AM

1. Big! Cillizza is usually pro-GOP

Cillizza is the worst of the bothsidesist, “savvy”, horse-race reporters at CNN. All he cares about is the game, not the truth, normally. And reporters like him contributed more than anyone else to getting DJT/GOP elected.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spin.com/2017/07/chris-cillizza-reddit-ama%3famp=1

https://www.cjr.org/the_profile/chris-cillizza-cnn-politics.php

So this article is progress. He’s actually talking about the truth, not Just repeating right-wing words.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sharedvalues (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 11, 2018, 10:01 AM

2. Cillizza always leans right except when the wind blows too forcefully in the other direction

When the gale dies down, he'll be back to licking right wing ass in record time.

His Washington Post column "The Fix" bent so far to the right, it was sometimes referred to as "The Fox."

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #2)

Sun Feb 11, 2018, 10:23 AM

3. +1

Reply to this post

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Sun Feb 11, 2018, 11:03 AM

4. I'll listen to what Cillizza has to say when he comes down as hard on Republicans about Wynn as

he did on Democrats about Weinstein.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread