HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Today, I'm tweeting about...

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 09:56 PM

Today, I'm tweeting about some of the 120+ inmates who've died in San Diego jails since 2007.

Retweeted by TreasonHat: https://twitter.com/Popehat

A civilized society attends to the most vulnerable among us, including prisoners, and especially prisoners who are mentally ill. I am ashamed just reading about these cases, and so many of them too.

Today, I'm tweeting about some of the 120+ inmates who've died in San Diego jails since 2007. Russell Hartsaw was mentally ill, frail, elderly and gay. He was moved from protective custody into a cell with a gang member named "Evil" who beat him to death.

(Un)protective custody

Robert Lubsen committed suicide five years ago this week. He'd tried to hang himself in a holding cell and had visible ligature marks around his neck, but wasn't evaluated or put on suicide watch. He jumped from the jail's second tier.

2 replies, 681 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Today, I'm tweeting about some of the 120+ inmates who've died in San Diego jails since 2007. (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Feb 2018 OP
dewsgirl Feb 2018 #1
BigmanPigman Feb 2018 #2

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 10:13 PM

1. This is truly horrific.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 10:56 PM

2. I have this week's CityBeat in my car.

I'll make sure to read this article.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread