HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Donald Trump Talks Family...

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 03:21 PM

Donald Trump Talks Family, Women in Unearthed Transcript: "When I Come Home and Dinner's Not Ready,

Donald Trump Talks Family, Women in Unearthed Transcript: "When I Come Home and Dinner's Not Ready, I Go Through the Roof"

“Psychologists will tell you that some women want to be treated with respect," he told Nancy Collins in a never-released 1994 transcript from ABC’s 'Primetime Live.' "I tell friends who treat their wives magnificently, get treated like crap in return, 'Be rougher and you’ll see a different relationship.'"
In 1994, I interviewed Donald and Marla Trump at Mar-a-Lago for ABC ‘s Primetime Live, where I was a correspondent. I was down in Palm Beach to talk about Trump’s self-touted comeback from near financial ruin. Though several quotes from my interview have appeared elsewhere (as has the 11-minute segment that aired in 1994), the majority of this interview has never been published before now. The highlights of our four-hour conversation, which are excerpted for length and clarity below, include his guilt about the death of his brother, frank admissions about the debt he was facing at the time and his feelings that a wife who works is a “very dangerous thing.”

Back in 1994, rumors of Trump filing for personal bankruptcy abounded, but he adamantly declared that he hadn’t. “There was never a bankruptcy,” he told me. “I had in excess of $5 billion in personal debt, now $115 million, which I’m going to pay in a very short period. Nobody's bailed me out, I’ve done a really good job of getting myself out of trouble.”

In fairness, Trump was professional, cooperative, respectful — none of the grabs or touching that has been reported by other women. No, he did not hit on me … probably because I was always surrounded by two cameramen, two sound guys and a producer. With Trump, it's always a good idea to show up with your own SWAT team.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-women-unearthed-1994-primetime-interview-nancy-collins-938176

6 replies, 1268 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Donald Trump Talks Family, Women in Unearthed Transcript: "When I Come Home and Dinner's Not Ready, (Original post)
icymist Feb 2018 OP
Eliot Rosewater Feb 2018 #1
icymist Feb 2018 #2
monmouth4 Feb 2018 #3
BigmanPigman Feb 2018 #4
Aristus Feb 2018 #5
dalton99a Feb 2018 #6

Response to icymist (Original post)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 03:33 PM

1. Human filth but so are millions of men who think like that

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 03:38 PM

2. I find this 1994 interview fascinating.

All the lying is there as well as talking about himself in the third person. It like reading the warning that there is something really wrong with this guy. The bragging, the misogyny, the smiling con-artist; it's all there.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 04:22 PM

3. He should take it up with the chef, I doubt the wives cook/cooked..n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 04:38 PM

4. Awww, shucks. He is just an old fashioned

kind of guy with solid family values. What's wrong with that?

Actually the older, white guys that voted for him really do think this way. Time for young people, women, and minorities to have their turn.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 11, 2018, 01:03 AM

5. Douchebag...

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 11, 2018, 09:25 AM

6. Women? "You have to treat 'em like shit."

- Trump (New York magazine, Nov. 9, 1992)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread