HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Social Security Projects ...

Sun Jul 16, 2017, 10:35 PM

Social Security Projects Biggest Payment Increase In Years

STEPHEN OHLEMACHER Published JULY 14, 2017 10:08 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) ó Good news for seniors: Millions of Americans who rely on Social Security are projected to receive their biggest payment increase in years this January.

Bad news for seniors: Itís just a 2.2 percent increase, or about $28 a month for the average recipient.

The trustees who oversee Social Security and Medicare released their 2018 projections Thursday, along with their annual warning about the long-term financial problems of the federal governmentís two bedrock retirement programs.

Social Security recipients have gone years with tiny increases in benefits because inflation has been low or non-existent. This year they received an increase of 0.3 percent, after getting nothing last year. The last time they got a bigger increase was in 2012, when the hike was 3.6 percent.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/social-security-payment-increase?utm_content=buffer228f1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

2 replies, 2223 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Social Security Projects Biggest Payment Increase In Years (Original post)
turbinetree Jul 2017 OP
shraby Jul 2017 #1
turbinetree Jul 2017 #2

Response to turbinetree (Original post)

Sun Jul 16, 2017, 10:41 PM

1. Now they'll charge more for Part B on medicare and disappear out increase.

Our income hasn't gone up for about 3 years.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to shraby (Reply #1)

Mon Jul 17, 2017, 07:47 AM

2. After I posted the article I realize, that we really are not getting much

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread