HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » In leaked document, the c...

Fri Mar 3, 2017, 04:08 PM

In leaked document, the case for Trump's 'Muslim ban' takes another huge hit -By Greg Sargent

By Greg Sargent March 3 at 9:36 AM

We keep hearing that President Trump will roll out the new version of his travel ban any day now. The White House delayed it earlier this week, because Trump advisers reportedly thought it could step on the good press heíd earned from his speech, thus inadvertently undercutting their own claims that enacting the ban is an urgent national security matter.

Hereís the real reason for the delay: The Trump administration canít solve the problem that has always bedeviled this policy, which is that there isnít any credible national security rationale for it. Unlike on the campaign trail, when youíre governing, you actually have to have justification for what youíre proposing, or you often run into trouble.

MSNBCís Rachel Maddow had an important scoop on Thursday night that further undercuts the substantive case for Trumpís ban, which would restrict entry into the country by refugees and migrants from select Muslim-majority countries. Maddow obtained a new internal Department of Homeland Security document that reached this key judgment:

We assess that most foreign-born, US-based violent extremists likely radicalized several years after their entry to the United States, limiting the ability of screening and vetting officials to prevent their entry because of national security concerns.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/03/03/in-leaked-document-the-case-for-trumps-muslim-ban-takes-another-huge-hit/?utm_term=.92c613116ec7&wpisrc=nl_popns&wpmm=1

3 replies, 1589 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply In leaked document, the case for Trump's 'Muslim ban' takes another huge hit -By Greg Sargent (Original post)
DonViejo Mar 2017 OP
Eliot Rosewater Mar 2017 #1
unblock Mar 2017 #2
Jim__ Mar 2017 #3

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Fri Mar 3, 2017, 04:10 PM

1. You can just see fuckface now "but I am president, why cant I do anything and everything

I want?"

Guaranteed this happens with the sycophants around him daily.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Mar 3, 2017, 04:21 PM

2. likely they radicalize in no small part because assholes like donnie & the gang treat them like dirt

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 3, 2017, 04:53 PM

3. The House and Senate will now investigate this leak.

And the news media will report all the findings of these investigations.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread