HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Anthony Bourdain: The Pos...

Thu Dec 22, 2016, 05:38 PM

Anthony Bourdain: The Post-Election Interview- eater.com

Russia clearly is going to be a problem for me. The last time I was there, they killed my lunch partner, you know? And Iím a little pissed about that. And Iíve expressed that publicly, which is increasingly not such a wise thing to do.

http://www.eater.com/2016/12/21/14038332/anthony-bourdain-election-trump-interview

Trump comes from that era of guys you followed, guys you knew about every day: Trump, Giuliani, Al Sharpton, Curtis Sliwa. Iíd see him at Studio 54, for fuckís sake. Iím not saying I know the guy personally, not like Iíd hug him, but Iím saying that as a New Yorker, we pretty much are neighbors. And my many years of living in his orbit have not left me with a favorable impression, letís put it that way. Thereís so many reasons to find the guy troubling. When Scott Baioís the only guy you can find to show up at your convention, youíre in trouble

I think itís worth acknowledging that this is a country founded in violence, a country that has always worshipped outlaws, loners, cowboys, and people who got the things they got by the gun.

But the threshold of acceptable rhetoric right now, the threshold of hate and animus thatís being shown at this point ó this really naked hatred of every flavor, racists, sexists, pure misogyny, class hatred, hatred of the educated ó this is something Iíve never seen before.

As the number of conflict zones increase, as Iím guessing they likely will, Iím wary of looking to Uncle Sam for an understanding face at the embassy ó especially given whoís up for ambassadorships now.

3 replies, 2504 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anthony Bourdain: The Post-Election Interview- eater.com (Original post)
elmac Dec 2016 OP
MountCleaners Dec 2016 #1
zippythepinhead Dec 2016 #2
dhill926 Dec 2016 #3

Response to elmac (Original post)

Thu Dec 22, 2016, 07:39 PM

1. That's why his supporters love him so...

And I'm speaking from personal experience. They have psychological problems and don't relate well to others. They identify with the fact that he is so unlikable.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 22, 2016, 08:48 PM

2. Great link

Thanks for posting it.

I love Anthony!

The man speaks the truth from his heart.

He is a great ambassador for this country.

He's a classy dude!

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 23, 2016, 11:34 AM

3. kicking.....

always an entertaining and enlightening read, from someone who has seen and experienced a LOT...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread