HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Open Call - It is Time to...

Wed Jul 1, 2015, 05:04 PM

Open Call - It is Time to Fix or Replace the Republican Party (God's party must go)

PoliticusUSA

The Republican Party, through its response to the Supreme Court’s Obamacare, and then Marriage Equality rulings, has signaled its end of usefulness as an opposition party.

I have argued before – based on their reaction to the Charleston shootings – that they have disqualified themselves from running the country, and I still believe they have, but look, it’s time something was done.

It’s one thing when they hurt themselves, but this is going to end up hurting all of us, because a healthy democracy calls for more than a single political party, and a religious hate group doesn’t qualify.

Rather than debates on the relative merits of a position, what we’ve gotten, even from the politicians, is “God vs. Government” arguments. You can’t tell the religious demagogues from the elected officials anymore. Some, like Gordon Klingenschmitt, are both.

More
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/30/time-fix-replace-republican-party.html

4 replies, 1210 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Open Call - It is Time to Fix or Replace the Republican Party (God's party must go) (Original post)
Panich52 Jul 2015 OP
rock Jul 2015 #1
yurbud Jul 2015 #2
Nitram Jul 2015 #3
yurbud Jul 2015 #4

Response to Panich52 (Original post)

Wed Jul 1, 2015, 06:22 PM

1. All in good time

I suspect their end is nigh.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Panich52 (Original post)

Wed Jul 1, 2015, 11:09 PM

2. as long as the Democratic Party doesn't replace them as the go-to corporate lapdogs

Reply to this post

Response to yurbud (Reply #2)

Thu Jul 2, 2015, 10:34 AM

3. I thought this was "Democratic" Underground.

Not, "Third Party Underground."

Reply to this post

Response to Nitram (Reply #3)

Thu Jul 2, 2015, 01:01 PM

4. it's not "my party right or wrong" Underground. It's my party, make it work for US

not Wall Street sociopaths.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread