HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » The New Pulitzer Prize Ch...

Tue May 5, 2015, 06:06 PM

The New Pulitzer Prize Chair, Paul Gigot (WSJ), Pushes Climate Science Denial

[link:http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/05/05/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-pulitzer-pr/203542|]

Paul Gigot, Wall Street Journal editorial page editor since 2001, was named chair of the Pulitzer Prize Board on Monday. Under Gigot, the Journal editorial page has had several ethical lapses and has been a regular source of misinformation on climate science, health care, the Iraq War, and a host of other issues.

Pulitzer administrator Mike Pride told Media Matters a new board chair is chosen annually and the board member or members who have served nine years of their 10-year term normally get the post.

Gigot, who is going into his 10th and final year on the board, was the only member in that position this year, Pride said.

"It is really relatively automatic and nine years on the board give you a greater understanding in the way things work."

Pride, a former board member from 1999 to 2008, left in April 2008 after one year as co-chair with Joann Byrd. He is also the former editor of Concord Monitor. Pride became board administrator in September 2014.
(more)

5 replies, 1487 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply The New Pulitzer Prize Chair, Paul Gigot (WSJ), Pushes Climate Science Denial (Original post)
Bill USA May 2015 OP
blm May 2015 #1
Fred Sanders May 2015 #2
GusBob May 2015 #3
BlueMTexpat May 2015 #4
raccoon May 2015 #5

Response to Bill USA (Original post)

Tue May 5, 2015, 06:11 PM

1. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Gigot is a Boardroom to Newsroom FASCIST!

He has been pushing pro-fascist propaganda for DECADES.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue May 5, 2015, 06:25 PM

2. This is like if Fox were to be given a front row seat in the WH Press Room and the Presidency of the White

House Press Corps, it is so incredible and incredibly insane to have fact deniers in positions of media influence.

Good thing that never happened with Fox.

Reply to this post

Tue May 5, 2015, 10:19 PM

3. Oh man he grew up in my neighborhood

I went to school with his brother & he was in school with my brother....he actually is an alright sorta guy....well maybe back then

Reply to this post

Wed May 6, 2015, 05:08 AM

4. For shame! eom

Reply to this post

Wed May 6, 2015, 02:46 PM

5. Oh, nice! nt

Reply to this post