HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Cheney deems Canada too d...

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:25 PM

Cheney deems Canada too dangerous for visit

Source: Associated Press

Cheney deems Canada too dangerous for visit
Associated Press | Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney canceled a Canadian speaking appearance because of security concerns sparked by demonstrations during a visit he made to Vancouver last fall.

Cheney was scheduled to talk about his experiences in office and the current American political situation at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on April 24.

But Ryan Ruppert of Spectre Live Corp. said on Monday that Cheney and his daughter Elizabeth had begged off through their agent.

"After speaking with their security advisers, they changed their mind on coming to the event," Ruppert said. He said they had "decided it was better for their personal safety they stay out of Canada."

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/world/cheney-deems-canada-too-dangerous-for-visit/article_1b6503aa-9298-5019-8861-5dd4715a4322.html#ixzz1owaixcUS

99 replies, 17801 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 99 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cheney deems Canada too dangerous for visit (Original post)
Judi Lynn Mar 2012 OP
annabanana Mar 2012 #1
Justice wanted Mar 2012 #3
csziggy Mar 2012 #79
Justice wanted Mar 2012 #80
dixiegrrrrl Mar 2012 #89
24601 Mar 2012 #98
freshwest Mar 2012 #8
RoccoR5955 Mar 2012 #35
freshwest Mar 2012 #37
cstanleytech Mar 2012 #23
Frustratedlady Mar 2012 #2
Angry Dragon Mar 2012 #4
lark Mar 2012 #88
Devil_Fish Mar 2012 #91
sakabatou Mar 2012 #5
pangaia Mar 2012 #28
Aerows Mar 2012 #62
RC Mar 2012 #73
russspeakeasy Mar 2012 #6
Sanity Claws Mar 2012 #7
dmr Mar 2012 #18
Major Nikon Mar 2012 #22
dmr Mar 2012 #24
chervilant Mar 2012 #74
yardwork Mar 2012 #34
MsPithy Mar 2012 #39
90-percent Mar 2012 #54
DeSwiss Mar 2012 #77
KamaAina Mar 2012 #9
polly7 Mar 2012 #11
pitohui Mar 2012 #51
Selatius Mar 2012 #95
WhoIsNumberNone Mar 2012 #10
DCBob Mar 2012 #12
Faygo Kid Mar 2012 #13
donco Mar 2012 #14
JEB Mar 2012 #15
Nostradammit Mar 2012 #16
Amonester Mar 2012 #17
Julian Englis Mar 2012 #19
Gregorian Mar 2012 #20
ThomThom Mar 2012 #31
DonCoquixote Mar 2012 #21
BlueDemKev Mar 2012 #55
DonCoquixote Mar 2012 #63
Solly Mack Mar 2012 #25
baldguy Mar 2012 #47
GliderGuider Mar 2012 #26
JBoy Mar 2012 #27
stevedeshazer Mar 2012 #29
grasswire Mar 2012 #46
stevedeshazer Mar 2012 #48
Bucky Mar 2012 #30
mother earth Mar 2012 #32
trusty elf Mar 2012 #33
mikeSchmuckabee Mar 2012 #36
thelordofhell Mar 2012 #38
lastlib Mar 2012 #69
Deep13 Mar 2012 #40
PuffedMica Mar 2012 #41
LynneSin Mar 2012 #42
FailureToCommunicate Mar 2012 #43
Doc Holliday Mar 2012 #44
Ilsa Mar 2012 #45
pitohui Mar 2012 #49
Canuckistanian Mar 2012 #50
pbrower2a Mar 2012 #93
Canuckistanian Mar 2012 #99
chrisa Mar 2012 #52
BlueDemKev Mar 2012 #53
NICO9000 Mar 2012 #56
JJW Mar 2012 #57
GiveMeFreedom Mar 2012 #58
90-percent Mar 2012 #59
Politicalboi Mar 2012 #61
Canuckistanian Mar 2012 #65
safrthjt Mar 2012 #60
MrMickeysMom Mar 2012 #64
broadway515 Mar 2012 #66
NBachers Mar 2012 #67
TrogL Mar 2012 #68
excuse not to write Mar 2012 #70
Vidar Mar 2012 #71
young_at_heart Mar 2012 #72
Jamaal510 Mar 2012 #75
eepatt Mar 2012 #76
RogueTrooper Mar 2012 #78
tclambert Mar 2012 #81
stubtoe Mar 2012 #84
lunatica Mar 2012 #82
samsingh Mar 2012 #83
AverageJoe90 Mar 2012 #85
freefall Mar 2012 #86
edbermac Mar 2012 #87
The Wizard Mar 2012 #90
Hotler Mar 2012 #92
Monk06 Mar 2012 #94
yellowcanine Mar 2012 #96
tabasco Mar 2012 #97

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:29 PM

1. Is the big dick liable for arrest for war crimes in Canada as they

SHOULD BE in every country in the world?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to annabanana (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:32 PM

3. Beat me too it! Remember a few days ago the thread talking about how U.S. is proscuting 2 Irish

gentleman for crimes in America WITHOUT them even setting foot in America?

Maybe some countries should do that against the Bush Administration.

Reply to this post

Response to Justice wanted (Reply #3)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 05:09 AM

79. Id Spain still prosecuting their case against Bush administration members?

The Bush Six to Be Indicted
Apr 13, 2009 4:34 PM EDT
Spanish prosecutors will seek criminal charges against Alberto Gonzales and five high-ranking Bush administration officials for sanctioning torture at Guantánamo.

Spanish prosecutors have decided to press forward with a criminal investigation targeting former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and five top associates over their role in the torture of five Spanish citizens held at Guantánamo, several reliable sources close to the investigation have told The Daily Beast. Their decision is expected to be announced on Tuesday before the Spanish central criminal court, the Audencia Nacional, in Madrid. But the decision is likely to raise concerns with the human-rights community on other points: They will seek to have the case referred to a different judge.

Both Washington and Madrid appear determined not to allow the pending criminal investigation to get in the way of improved relations.

The six defendants—in addition to Gonzales, Federal Appeals Court Judge and former Assistant Attorney General Jay Bybee, University of California law professor and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Yoo, former Defense Department general counsel and current Chevron lawyer William J. Haynes II, Vice President Cheney’s former chief of staff David Addington, and former Undersecretary of Defense Douglas J. Feith—are accused of having given the green light to the torture and mistreatment of prisoners held in U.S. detention in “the war on terror.” The case arises in the context of a pending proceeding before the court involving terrorism charges against five Spaniards formerly held at Guantánamo. A group of human-rights lawyers originally filed a criminal complaint asking the court to look at the possibility of charges against the six American lawyers. Baltasar Garzón Real, the investigating judge, accepted the complaint and referred it to Spanish prosecutors for a view as to whether they would accept the case and press it forward. “The evidence provided was more than sufficient to justify a more comprehensive investigation,” one of the lawyers associated with the prosecution stated.

More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/04/13/the-bush-six-to-be-indicted.html

Will Bush's Torture Memo Team Face Justice in Spain?
Nancy Goldstein on January 12, 2011 - 11:33 AM ET

There may yet be justice for the victims of the post-9/11 US torture program. Just not in the United States.

Here, our previous president is enjoying terrific sales for a memoir where he boasts about having authorized waterboarding. The current administration's commitment to "moving past" the illegalities incurred on its predecessor's watch is so hardcore that the Department of Justice decided late last year against prosecuting anyone from the CIA for destroying ninety-two videotapes that showed the torture of prisoners detained as suspected terrorists. Which leaves Attorney General Eric Holder more time to subpoena Twitter records and figure out how to criminalize Julian Assange and WikiLeaks for promoting government transparency.

But perhaps there will be justice in Spain. This past Friday, the Center for Constitutional Rights filed papers urging Judge Eloy Velasco to do what the United States will not: prosecute the "Bush Six," the group of senior Bush-era government lawyers led by then–Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, for violating international law by creating a legal framework that aided and abetted the torture of suspected terrorists. (Full disclosure: I've done consulting work for CCR.)

More: http://www.thenation.com/blog/157654/will-bushs-torture-memo-team-face-justice-spain

CCR Announces Bush Indictment for Convention Against Torture Signatory States

No Immunity for Former Presidents Under Law

February 7, 2011, Geneva and New York – Today, two torture victims were to have filed criminal complaints, with more than 2,500-pages of supporting material, in Geneva against former U.S. President George W. Bush, who was due to speak at an event there on 12 February. Swiss law requires the presence of the torturer on Swiss soil before a preliminary investigation can be opened. When Bush cancelled his trip to avoid prosecution, the human rights groups who prepared the complaints made it public and announced that the Bush Torture Indictment would be waiting wherever he travels next. The Indictment serves as the basis on which to prepare country-specific, plaintiff-specific indictments, with additional evidence and updated information. According to international law experts at the New York-based Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) and the Berlin-based European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR), former presidents do not enjoy special immunity under the Convention Against Torture (CAT).
“Waterboarding is torture, and Bush has admitted, without any sign of remorse, that he approved its use,” said Katherine Gallagher, Senior Staff Attorney at CCR and Vice President of the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH). “The reach of the Convention Against Torture is wide – this case is prepared and will be waiting for him wherever he travels next. Torturers – even if they are former presidents of the United States – must be held to account and prosecuted. Impunity for Bush must end.”

More: http://ccrjustice.org/newsroom/press-releases/human-rights-groups-announce-bush-indictment-convention-against-torture-sign

Published on Sunday, January 15, 2012 by Common Dreams
Spanish Judge Reopens Guantánamo Torture Probe

- Common Dreams staff

Just days after the 10th anniversary of the Guantánamo, the notorious prison remains in the news. On Thursday, Witness Against Torture led 40 people who were arrested protesting outside of Obama's White House protesting Guantánamo and indefinite detention.

Now a Spanish judge has re-launched an investigation into the alleged torture of detainees held at the U.S. detention center.

Not much more: http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/01/15-2

Reply to this post

Response to csziggy (Reply #79)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 05:47 AM

80. thanks for the info.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 02:45 PM

89. Just as we thought, way back when.

History records what eventually happens when those in power ignore the rule of law for too long.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 14, 2012, 09:46 PM

98. Not that I put any stock in this - but what does it fortell for former President Obama and

former Attorney General Holder in the future?

If the precedent is set for an persecuting an Attorney for giving an opinion - what of the Attorney that defends a murderer who kills again?

As for Cheney, Vice Presidents are not in the Chain of Command and are not Deputy Commanders in Chief. They give no orders outside their immediate White House and Senate staffs. The approval to kill a US person(Alawki) went from the President to the Secretary of Defense and/or CIA directly without passing through the Vice President.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:39 PM

8. I thought he was. Brattlesboro, VT had a similiar plan.

Reply to this post

Response to freshwest (Reply #8)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:18 PM

35. They still do...

Ever wonder why, in 8 years, neither he, nor Dumbya set foot in Vwemont?

Reply to this post

Response to RoccoR5955 (Reply #35)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:22 PM

37. Not really... But you know Darth is big on those undisclosed locations...

Usually overseas with his oil sheik pals so he can be closer to his major backers, I guess. And away from the pesky proles.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:16 PM

23. It wouldnt surprise me in the least if thats why he canceled it.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:31 PM

2. Don't I remember correctly that the fav Pug saying has been...

"Man up!" Wasn't Elizabeth one of those who kept making fun of Democratic men...they should man up? How about poppa?

I hope their reputation in Canada and many other countries keeps them from speaking out. We know their rhetoric is all lies and poisonous statements.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:32 PM

4. Cheney can send people to countries with guns

but he is afraid to go to a peaceful country
such a brave man

Reply to this post

Response to Angry Dragon (Reply #4)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 02:06 PM

88. Fucking chicken-hawk

Loves to send other's to die for his causes, but never risks anything himself. I wish the vomitting smilie was still around, since that's what I feel like when I think of him and shrub.

Reply to this post

Response to lark (Reply #88)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 07:18 PM

91. this one?

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:34 PM

5. Huh... I visited Quebec years ago and had no problems.

Reply to this post

Response to sakabatou (Reply #5)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:53 PM

28. Why goodness..

I wan in Toronto just last weekend...

Reply to this post

Response to sakabatou (Reply #5)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 09:31 PM

62. I've been to Canada, too

I didn't have any problems either. I guess that's because I'm not a war criminal.

Reply to this post

Response to Aerows (Reply #62)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 12:11 AM

73. Make that three.

I've been to Ottawa. And even wondered around after dark in the down town area. Never a problem.
Use to date a Canadian who live in Winnipeg. I find Canadians much friendlier than us USA'ens. Better educated too.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:35 PM

6. Coward in the first degree.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:36 PM

7. Paranoid fear

He is long-time alcoholic and alcohol has a known link to psychosis and fear. He tried to infect the rest of the country with his delusional fear and succeeded to an extent.

Reply to this post

Response to Sanity Claws (Reply #7)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:55 PM

18. Cheney a long-time alcoholic? I've never heard that.

Do you have a link for that? Thanks

Reply to this post

Response to dmr (Reply #18)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:16 PM

22. He was arrested twice for DUI that we know about.

Smokinggun.com used to have the records, but a quick search no longer turns them up.

One arrest would be a strong indicator of alcoholism. Two or more should remove most doubts. I've never heard of him ever receiving treatment for it, although this is certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

Reply to this post

Response to Major Nikon (Reply #22)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:18 PM

24. I knew about the DUIs

Thanks.

Reply to this post

Response to Major Nikon (Reply #22)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 01:01 AM

74. hmm...

Wasn't he drunk when he shot that poor old man in the face?

Reply to this post

Response to dmr (Reply #18)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:15 PM

34. Reports say that Cheney was drinking the day he shot Harry Whittington in the face.

There were conflicting reports from the people there. Read down the wiki entry. Reading between the lines, I'd say that Cheney was smashed. No way to prove this of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Cheney_hunting_incident

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #34)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:32 PM

39. If he was not drinking when he shot a guy in the face,

he would have demanded a breathalyzer immediately, just to silence his critics.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:32 PM

54. Reading between the lines

Dastardly Dick was shooting between the eyes when he sprayed his hunting buddy with shot.

Drinking and shooting. I guess Dick considers that safer than drinking and driving, anyway.

At least the episode gave Dick something else to cover up.

-90% Jimmy

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 03:08 AM

77. ''Hunting'' incident?

This is what it was: Dick and about nine other overfed white guys sitting in a comfy luxury blind with their manly shotguns, waiting for the Westmoreland guy stationed behind them on a hill to release clusters of stunned, fat, tame game birds from a net. Then they shoot them.

Lots and lots of them. And then they slap each other on the back. And they grunt and say nice shot as the birds drop like flies as dogs race back and forth hauling dead or dying birds into huge piles. Whee what fun.

More than 400 birds were killed in one lackadaisical afternoon. Dick himself blasted the living crap out of 70 birds, all by himself. That's right, 70. Plus an unknown number of mallard ducks. Then they had them all plucked and vacuum packed and sent back home to show off to the staff. Dick was driven back to the airport in a Humvee.

Are we not all impressed? Are we not all sitting here saying, wow, that Dick Cheney guy, he of the massive alleged Halliburton corruption scandals, he is one studly dude, slaughtering a small mountain of docile, stupefied birds that had no chance of escape. What a guy.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2004/01/23/notes012304.DTL&ao=all

K&R

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:39 PM

9. Is Darth even admissible into Canada?

With his four, count 'em, four DUIs?

Reply to this post

Response to KamaAina (Reply #9)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:45 PM

11. I had no idea he was a serial drunken driver.

http://www.1800duilaws.com/article/travel_to_canada.asp

I found this with a quick google search:

"Who Can’t Enter Canada.

To begin, in Canada a DUI is a felony and therefore an excludable offense under the Immigration Act. A DUI is an indictable offense in Canada that may be punished by imprisonment for up to a 5 year term.¹

Anyone with a conviction in the United States that is treated as a felony or indictable offense in Canada is excludable from Canada, but even if the offense is not a felony or indictable offense in Canada, Customs and Immigration Officers have ultimate authority to permit and deny entry to Canada.²"

"Overcoming Exclusion from Canada.

There are several ways individuals can overcome criminal inadmissibility, but the short answer you must give your client is that there is no short and easy way to do it.º These include:

Deemed rehabilitation at a Canadian port of entry;
Streamlined rehabilitation at a Canadian port of entry;
Approval of rehabilitation through a Canadian Consulate in the United States; and
A Temporary Resident Permit through a Canadian Consulate in the United States
1. Deemed Rehabilitation.

Persons are eligible to apply for deemed rehabilitation at a port of entry if the following are true:

There was only one conviction in total;
At least ten years have elapsed since all of the sentences for the conviction were completed (payment of all fees, jail time completed, restitution paid, etc);
The conviction would not be considered serious criminality in Canada (most felony convictions in the United States are equivalent to serious criminality in Canada); and
The conviction did not involve any serious property damage, physical harm to any person, or any type of weapon."

Seems like the creep can get in.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:18 PM

51. yes there's a form you buy, you're admissable if you buy your way in

it isn't even very expensive to a rich guy like cheney, i'm thinking someone told me it's about $300? so it only keeps out the middle class drunks not the rich ones but anyway it's a special visa for DUIs and other minor criminals

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 14, 2012, 06:48 AM

95. I always considered him Emperor Cheney. Bush was the Darth Vader approximate in my mind.

Since, as most of us here surmised, Cheney was the one with the real power in the Bush White House. GWB was a very willing tool in his plans. He, unlike Chaney, never had the capacity for grandiose plans.

Reply to this post

10. Yeah- Cheney wouldn't be safe at all if he had to go to prison...

Reply to this post

12. LOL!! Those crazy dangerous Canadians.

coward.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:49 PM

13. Surprising for a brave Vietnam vet . . . oh wait

Forgot about those five deferments but willingness to send OTHER FOLKS' CHILDREN to their deaths.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:49 PM

14. SIGH one more

deferment to add to his resume.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:50 PM

15. I thought

Freedom was on the march...just not into Canada I guess. Chickenhawk afraid of prosecution. Not too big on "personal responsibility".

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:52 PM

16. "Spectre Live Corp."

I never knew that ghouls like Cheney had their own booking agency.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 05:52 PM

17. Most (anti-harper) Canadians don't understand why cheneyouR$elf

is "still" safe in the U.S. ... ("International Law"-legally speaking)...

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:04 PM

19. Of course it is too dangerous for Cheney

Despite the best efforts of the Canadian right, Canada still is a democracy with a functioning opposition. With any luck, the US soon will be less safe for Cheney.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:11 PM

20. You can run, but you can't hide.

I hope there's a heaven. I can see that man standing at the gates terrified about his personal safety in that other place.

Reply to this post

Response to Gregorian (Reply #20)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:00 PM

31. Cheney at the gates that is laughable

if there is a hell he will be there
personally I don't believe in heaven or hell
arrest the war criminal

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:14 PM

21. I know Canada has no death penalty

But if he dares show up there, would ye kindly consider making an exception? He deserves to hang more than Louis Riel ever did.

Reply to this post

Response to DonCoquixote (Reply #21)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:32 PM

55. But they do have National Health Insurance & Gun Control

...what does it say about America?

Reply to this post

Response to BlueDemKev (Reply #55)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 09:53 PM

63. That their government is less corrupt

Though Harper is working on changing that rapidly.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:42 PM

25. Yeah, well. War criminals should live in fear.

At the very (very, very) least.

Living in fear is not an acceptable alternative to their incarceration, however.

Reply to this post

Response to Solly Mack (Reply #25)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:14 PM

47. +1000

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:52 PM

26. Protesters are keeping Canada safe from the one man occupation team, Dick "The Dick" Cheney. nt

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:53 PM

27. He wouldn't be able to talk accurately about his experience without admitting war crimes.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:55 PM

29. The he'd better stay away from Portland and Seattle, too.

We gave him a nice welcome last time he was here in Portland.

It's pretty much unanimous in the Pacific Northwet that Dick Cheney is a dick. I wish he'd get arrested.

Reply to this post

Response to stevedeshazer (Reply #29)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:10 PM

46. Steve, what are those hats on the protesters?

Do you know?

Reply to this post

Response to grasswire (Reply #46)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:15 PM

48. Nope. Wish I did.- n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 06:56 PM

30. Free speech is dangerous. Freedom of assembly is terrorism.

Hiding under your bed is patriotism.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:08 PM

32. He should stay home always, if Canada's not safe, it should speak volumes to him.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:10 PM

33. .........

[IMG][/IMG]

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:22 PM

36. Their gain is our loss.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:29 PM

38. Isn't he dead yet?

Did the bastard get a new heart or something? I thought he had only 6 months to live a year and a half ago?

Reply to this post

Response to thelordofhell (Reply #38)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 10:47 PM

69. I think they put new batteries in the sumbitch. I sure wish they'd over-volt

and really give him a charge that would get his heart a-racin'.....Burnout!!

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:32 PM

40. Is there no safe place in this world for a war criminal besides the USA? nt

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:33 PM

41. Cheney would be in danger of extradition to the Hague

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:36 PM

42. Canada is a beautiful, wonderful and safe country to visit.....

as long as you aren't a known war criminal.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:37 PM

43. Dear Dick, Stay OUT of Canada...come to beautiful Marlboro, VT in the good ol USA...

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:42 PM

44. See?

The Canadians are our friends.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:46 PM

45. LOL! That piece of dog excrement

has become too paranoid to travel. I hope he and Liz stay in their hidey-holes until his ticker gives out and her teeth fall out.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:17 PM

49. that's pretty chickenshit

if you're too chicken shit to visit canada, what country CAN you visit?

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:17 PM

50. Yeah, right

Toronto is no more dangerous than Portland, Maine.

Dick "Dick" Cheney is more afraid of protesters reminding him of his own war crimes. And Canada being a member of the International Criminal Court must make him sweat.

All in all a "Profile in Cowardice".

Reply to this post

Response to Canuckistanian (Reply #50)

Wed Mar 14, 2012, 12:01 AM

93. But would he be arrested?

Remember -- war crimes. He has no immunity anymore.

Reply to this post

Response to pbrower2a (Reply #93)

Wed Mar 14, 2012, 10:17 PM

99. No. Not with our government at the moment.

Harper is trying to ingratiate himself with the American right. He doesn't seem to realize that the former Bush administration is in any way wrong. Even though Americans have rejected them by a large margin.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:29 PM

52. "The Jackal" must be living in Canada now.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:31 PM

53. That's what happens when you act like a "Dick"....

....you make enemies even among the friendliest people. So much that you can't set foot outside your own house.

It's absolutely sickening to know that Ted Kennedy is gone while Dick Cheney is still around. Is there any justice in this world?

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:36 PM

56. For him it might be

God would I love to see him in an orange jumpsuit. Too bad it will never, ever happen.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:42 PM

57. Not safe?

Perhaps they will be invaded for their tar sands, uh I mean freedom?

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:47 PM

58. Jebus,

This fucker is still alive? He's getting so senile he's beating war drums to go north of the border? What a fucking piece of crap he is!!

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 08:55 PM

59. Richard Clarke is getting his wish

These people are no longer allowed in polite society. I hope Dick enjoys his leper colony like forced isolation. A prisoner in his own country. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

-90% jimmy

Reply to this post

Response to 90-percent (Reply #59)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 09:26 PM

61. It's too bad

He ain't broke on top of that in his own country.

Reply to this post

Response to 90-percent (Reply #59)

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 10:23 PM

65. Very, very true

We don't put up with assholes like Cheney in Canada. And we'll call them on their bullshit every time.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 09:08 PM

60. Spam deleted by Morning Dew (MIR Team)

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 10:03 PM

64. Quick, let's get a rain barrel for Niagra Falls...

Hey, DICK... Wanna go for a RIDE?

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 10:38 PM

66. Chief Chickenhawk

It seems the Chief of Chickenhawks strikes again...

Big Dick always has more important priorities when his own personal safety is at stake...

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 10:40 PM

67. "Run Chicken Run" Link Wray

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 10:47 PM

68. AH Ha ha har har heeeer ROFL stop it I can't take it

I can just bloody imagine. I'd have flown down for sure.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 12, 2012, 11:49 PM

70. Four Words:

R. C. M. P.

What a fucking yellowbelly!

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 12:02 AM

71. The clean air would probably kill him.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 12:11 AM

72. How many former VP's have been unable to visit Canada?

I believe this is unprecedented!

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 02:30 AM

75. As rich as The Dick is, I still would hate to be him now.

I don't get how he can sleep at night, knowing that many consider him a war criminal, and he is among the most hated people in the world.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 02:41 AM

76. Frustration!

It is frustrating that we cannot prosecute The Cheney(His first name is "The" although we usually see him referred to by his middle name.) and his war criminal buddies in this country. However, as much as I hate to stand in long lines, I'm gonna piss on his grave.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 05:08 AM

78. Brave, Brave Sir Robin

Conservatives, their just not very brave

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 05:48 AM

81. How bad a person must you be for CANADIANS to violently hate you?

You've got to be pretty nasty for them even to speak rudely to you.

Reply to this post

Response to tclambert (Reply #81)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 11:11 AM

84. Excellent point!

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 06:50 AM

82. Oh those lucky Canadians!!

I wish Cheney would deem the US too dangerous to live in! Why does Canada always get the breaks?!

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 09:32 AM

83. cheney is an asshole

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 11:45 AM

85. Even Albertans wouldn't like this asshole much........nt

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 11:47 AM

86. This is wonderful news

It does one's heart good to know that this excuse for a human has been thwarted in any way.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 01:23 PM

87. "With all their hockey hullabaloo and that bitch Anne Murray too!"

BLAME CANADA!!

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 04:50 PM

90. I guess Canada

prosecutes war crimes.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 07:59 PM

92. Dick and Liz can go fuck themselves. Just remember,

Cheney said the the tax cuts were their due and that the Iraqi war would pay for it's self and deficits didn't matter. Rot in hell you fucking shit stain.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 14, 2012, 12:26 AM

94. Thanks Dick you just made Canada safer by not showing up. It's a wonder he found enough Canadians

interested enough to listen to him in a crummy airport hotel conference room.

Multi Level Marketing sleaze balls can do better than that.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 14, 2012, 08:26 PM

96. Must suck to be Cheney. Legacy is war criminal, crooked businessman and incompetent hunter who shot

his friend in the face. Not to mention that he could drop dead at any moment as his wife tries to kill him with rich food so that she can get his money and use it to snag a younger healthier version.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 14, 2012, 08:51 PM

97. Just like Vietnam!

Really liked watching people die on TV, though!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread