HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Russian court fines TikTo...

Tue Oct 4, 2022, 12:35 PM

Russian court fines TikTok for not deleting LGBT content

Source: AP

A Russian court on Tuesday fined TikTok for failing to delete LGBT material, the country’s latest crackdown on Big Tech companies.

The Tagansky District Court in Moscow issued the 3 million ruble ($50,000) penalty to the short-video sharing platform following a complaint by Russian regulators.

TikTok, which is owned by China’s ByteDance Ltd., didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

According to the case file, state communications regulator Roskomnadzor complained about a video published on the platform earlier this year that breaches Russian laws against promoting “LGBT, radical feminism and a distorted view on traditional sexual relations.”

FILE - A visitor passes the TikTok exhibition stands at the Gamescom computer gaming fair in Cologne, Germany, Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022. A Russian court has fined TikTok for failing to delete LGBT material in what is the country’s latest crackdown on Big Tech companies. The court in Moscow on Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2022 issued the $50,000 penalty to the short-video sharing platform, following a complaint by Russian regulators. TikTok, which is owned by China’s ByteDance Ltd., didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner, File)

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-technology-business-moscow-ad78d8d39555dcb21f16c5ba490cdb9d

2 replies, 897 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Russian court fines TikTok for not deleting LGBT content (Original post)
Omaha Steve Oct 4 OP
HuskyOffset Oct 4 #1
Gore1FL Oct 4 #2

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Tue Oct 4, 2022, 01:41 PM

1. Sorry, Russia, I would respond, but...

...I can't seem to find my GIANT MIDDLE FINGER meme.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Tue Oct 4, 2022, 03:36 PM

2. They should be sure to send the check to the Russian's address in Lyman... nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread