HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Biden on ending hunger in...

Wed Sep 28, 2022, 04:30 PM

Biden on ending hunger in US: 'I know we can do this'

Source: AP

By ASHRAF KHALIL and DARLENE SUPERVILLE

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden said Wednesday his administration’s goal of ending hunger in the U.S. by the end of the decade was ambitious but doable, if only the nation would work together toward achieving it.

“I know we can do this,” Biden told an auditorium full of public health officials, private companies and Americans who have experienced hunger. They were gathered for the first White House conference on hunger, nutrition and health since 1969.

It was the president at his most optimistic, sketching out a future where no child in the U.S. would go hungry, and diet-related diseases would diminish because of better, healthier food alternatives and access to vast outdoor spaces.

“That’s why we’re here today, to harness our greatest resource: Our fellow Americans,” Biden said. “Everyone, everyone has an important role to play.”

President Joe Biden speaks during the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, at the Ronald Reagan Building, Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/biden-health-philanthropy-9dc884edcdbce63c6df5f2337ff81922?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_06

3 replies, 790 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden on ending hunger in US: 'I know we can do this' (Original post)
Omaha Steve Sep 28 OP
TheRealNorth Sep 28 #1
Botany Sep 28 #2
Mysterian Sep 28 #3

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Wed Sep 28, 2022, 04:31 PM

1. Not when we have one political party that goes by the motto of....

"Arbeit Macht Frei"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 28, 2022, 04:46 PM

2. Joe Biden is the best President of my lifetime.

They were gathered for the first White House conference on hunger, nutrition and health since 1969.

It was the president at his most optimistic, sketching out a future where no child in the U.S. would go
hungry, and diet-related diseases would diminish because of better, healthier food alternatives and
access to vast outdoor spaces.

And he worked on saving this too: (BWCA)

So today Joe worked on:

Ending Childhood hunger in America
Making sure resources and the needed people were in place to respond to the Hurricane
And told the energy companies not to jack up gas and natural gas prices by using the
storm as an excuse.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 28, 2022, 07:32 PM

3. President Biden

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread