HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Biden: Russia's Ukraine a...

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 04:52 PM

Biden: Russia's Ukraine abuses 'make your blood run cold'

Source: AP

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — President Joe Biden declared at the United Nations on Wednesday that Russia has “shamelessly violated the core tenets” of the international body with its war in Ukraine as he summoned nations around the globe to stand firm in backing the Ukrainian resistance.

Delivering a forceful condemnation of Russia’s seven-month invasion, Biden said reports of Russian abuses against civilians and its efforts to erase Ukraine and its culture “should make your blood run cold.” He referenced President Vladimir Putin’s announcement Wednesday that he had ordered a partial mobilization of reservists, a deeply unpopular step that sparked protests in Russia.

And Putin’s new nuclear threats against Europe showed “reckless disregard” for Russia’s responsibilities as a signer of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, Biden said.

He also criticized Russia for scheduling “sham referenda” this week in territory it has forcibly seized in Ukraine.

President Joe Biden addresses to the 77th session of the United Nations General Assembly, Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022, at U.N. headquarters. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/united-nations-general-assembly-russia-ukraine-biden-taiwan-4aef4aa948a199b310efd457be7e3036

9 replies, 939 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 04:55 PM

1. And yet the GQP approves Putin .....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Lovie777 (Reply #1)

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 05:07 PM

2. They don't have any choice. That's their base of financial support (along with Kochs,Thiel,Mercers)

Even the paid attendees in the rallies are getting support from the russian monster and his American conduits.

Reply to this post

Response to Lovie777 (Reply #1)

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 05:19 PM

4. Putin is the one who installs them into office.

They are thankful to him.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 05:16 PM

3. President Biden makes me very proud

Honest, compassionate, and determined.

Reply to this post

Response to Bayard (Reply #3)

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 05:20 PM

5. I agree. This is what real leadership looks like.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 05:51 PM

6. sad to say but...

I think by this time next year, we might just be in a world war. or certainly something resembling one.

Reply to this post

Response to Javaman (Reply #6)

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 06:05 PM

7. I don't think so, If that were to happen, Putin would be destroyed by his mistake in starting it.

..Putin will not start a world war, because in the end he will lose and be killed in the process. He may lose his position
by this mistake. The military holds the key cards. If it wants Putin out...guess what? He is out.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 21, 2022, 06:41 PM

8. And Joe knows the gruesome details. We are not privy to that intel. No doubt many were horrifically

tortured; entire families. May Putin suffer an extremely painful end.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 03:07 AM

9. Unfortunately . . .

every war is like that.

It's in the training. Physical fitness training, but also psychological hardening - brutalizing in short.

Hence you get mass graves of civilians in war zones, and returned vets who can't cope, develop PTSD, and do something horrible.

Google "mass graves in Boznian war" to see what I mean. And look at returned US vet suicide rates - not a pretty picture, either one.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread