HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 'It's Not Theirs, It's Mi...

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 12:47 PM

'It's Not Theirs, It's Mine': Trump Told Advisers Classified Docs Belonged To Him

Source: Crooks and Liars

According to a piece published by the New York Times, two former White House lawyers were interviewed by the FBI in connection with the boxes of classified documents stored at Donald Trump's Florida resort, Mar-a-Lago, after he left office.

Pat Cipollone and Patrick Philbin explained to investigators what they went through to recover the sensitive documents from the twice-impeached, one-term president so they could be returned.

Philbin tried to help the National Archives retrieve the material, two of the people familiar with the discussions said. But the former president repeatedly resisted entreaties from his advisers.

"It's not theirs, it's mine," several advisers said Trump told them at the time.

Read more: https://crooksandliars.com/2022/08/advisers-reveal-what-trump-said-about

14 replies, 2025 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'It's Not Theirs, It's Mine': Trump Told Advisers Classified Docs Belonged To Him (Original post)
packman Aug 17 OP
JohnSJ Aug 17 #1
oldsoftie Aug 17 #2
Cozmo Aug 17 #3
3825-87867 Aug 17 #4
Sogo Aug 17 #5
Shanti Shanti Shanti Aug 17 #6
ificandream Aug 17 #7
GreenWave Aug 17 #8
keithbvadu2 Aug 17 #9
yaesu Aug 17 #10
GoneOffShore Aug 17 #11
Bayard Aug 17 #13
brush Aug 17 #12
EndlessWire Aug 17 #14

Response to packman (Original post)

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 12:58 PM

1. Let me count the way we can nail his sorry ass

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 01:13 PM

2. Once again, just like a spoiled (and soiled) baby. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 01:17 PM

3. Silly Wabbit!

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 01:24 PM

4. DJT - TWIT

T)rump
W)as
I)mpeached
T)wice

TWIT

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 01:28 PM

5. Makes me really wonder what the heck was in those documents.

I mean, sure, he might have an attachment to his silly Sharpie drawing map of the hurricaine veering off into Alabama.....But the nation's nuclear secrets????!!!! How could anyone in their right mind think the nation's nuclear secrets belong to them? I guess "in their right mind" is the operative phrase....

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 01:34 PM

6. Don the Con, The stupid, it burns! LOCK HIM UP NOW!

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 01:51 PM

8. Could just have traded him

A room full of burgers.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 01:57 PM

9. So for spies who turn over classified intel to our enemies, it's just personal papers?

So for spies who turn over classified intel to our enemies, it's just personal papers?

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 01:58 PM

10. lets not be an echo chamber for the caustic russian agent orange

not news, just crap that should be flushed

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 02:03 PM

11. This is the clip that came to my mind.

Reply to this post

Response to GoneOffShore (Reply #11)

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 04:04 PM

13. Love that movie!

And yes--that's trump.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 02:19 PM

12. Still supremely stupid, and a stupid megalomaniac...

is dangerous.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 17, 2022, 04:54 PM

14. It isn't clear from the article

exactly at what point the two counsels tried to intervene. Was it before the initial 15 boxes? Or, was it after the National archives obtained their subpoena? Or was it before the warrant was executed?

"...what they went through to recover the sensitive documents..." I guess this must refer to negotiations to give up the first 15 boxes. The articles don't say whether these two noncleared individuals saw the contents or not, but I'm guessing they did.

I continue to be puzzled by the request to padlock the door. It seems to me that there was a negotiation to receive back those 15 boxes, but that Chump kept the rest of the trove, and the Agents knew this. They took the stuff he was willing to hand back, but they knew he had more.

And, the two motivations for the warrant were that the Government saw something in the hallway which alarmed them, and that a witness told them that Chump had more classified documents. I think they saw someone moving those left behind boxes, and I think one of Chump's lawyers told the Feds that they were still there, and classified. But, that would have been redundant, because I am guessing that the Agents already knew from removal of the first batch that boxes remained. They just couldn't get them the first time because the Orange Chump wouldn't let them go.

I think that's why they searched all over the mansion, even Melania's closet, for documents. because the boxes had been moved out of the "safe room," and the Feds saw that on camera. The FBI really had no choice but to go after the documents, because Chump was showing an intent to hide them.

Trump brought this down on himself, all of it. He had all the elements of a crime with clearly the knowledge that he was committing a crime. He was told by his own people that he wasn't supposed to have those papers, he was told by the National Archives he couldn't have them, and he was given the opportunity to return them without a consequence. Now, Garland is going to have to indict him under the Espionage Act, and he has no defense. The only thing he can try is to gin up civil unrest or rebellion and hope it all gets forgotten.

At the risk of a cliche, LOCK. HIM. UP. He was going to use those papers to gain advantage or money. Gawd knows who he showed those papers to or was going to sell them to. We will all be safer if he is in prison somewhere.

The greater good of the country does not include letting him go just because he can summon an army of discontented, brainwashed idiots to fight his battle for him. I have a suspicion that Biden is way more savvy than that, and will not be sitting in the dining room while a wave of hostile rioters wash over us. There's a plan, and while I can see Gentle Joe holding back as much as possible, I fear that those idiots who worship the Chump are going to be in for a shock.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread