HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Departing White House pre...

Thu May 12, 2022, 01:21 PM

Departing White House press secretary Jen Psaki details threats against her and her family

Source: USA Today

WASHINGTON – White House press secretary Jen Psaki says the hardest part of the job has not been the daily sparring with reporters but enduring threats against her and her family.

“I’ve had threats, I have had nasty letters, texts to me with my personal address, the names of my children,” Psaki told a group of reporters Thursday at a breakfast meeting sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor.

“It crosses lines, and you know, that’s when it becomes a little scary,” she said.

Public officials across the country have reported an increasing number of threats over the past couple of years, with targets ranging from members of Congress and governors to even school board members and health care workers. Some experts worry the threats could even jeopardize the running of this year's midterm elections.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/departing-white-house-press-secretary-jen-psaki-details-threats-against-her-and-her-family/ar-AAXcot8

Why Brett Kavanaugh even had his keg delivery delayed.

21 replies, 3564 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 21 replies Author Time Post
Reply Departing White House press secretary Jen Psaki details threats against her and her family (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin May 12 OP
Turbineguy May 12 #1
efhmc May 12 #2
overleft May 12 #3
llashram May 12 #4
BComplex May 12 #5
ificandream May 12 #6
Jerry2144 May 12 #12
Lonestarblue May 12 #7
Aviation Pro May 12 #10
tonekat May 12 #8
BumRushDaShow May 12 #9
Traildogbob May 12 #17
BumRushDaShow May 12 #18
Traildogbob May 12 #20
JudyM May 12 #11
onecaliberal May 12 #13
Magoo48 May 12 #14
Cobalt Violet May 12 #15
Trueblue1968 May 12 #16
efhmc May 12 #19
ThoughtCriminal May 12 #21

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu May 12, 2022, 01:25 PM

1. To be a competent government employee

is a risky business these days.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 12, 2022, 01:26 PM

2. Such cowards.

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 01:27 PM

3. This is how fascists do things. They want you personally afraid.

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 01:51 PM

4. the people doing this

were just waiting for the go-ahead from d. trump. How America allowed such a stupid, ignorant, dangerous individual like TPOSFG to ascend to this nation's highest political office is beyond my comprehension.

Reply to this post

Response to llashram (Reply #4)

Thu May 12, 2022, 01:59 PM

5. Fux nooz. Fux nooz. Fux nooz. Fux nooz. Fux nooz.

It ALL goes back to 24/7 propaganda. On military bases. In prisons. Where all the dangerous folks hang out.

Reply to this post

Response to llashram (Reply #4)

Thu May 12, 2022, 02:04 PM

6. How he was elected -- voters were conned into TFG. By the media, by his party and by himself.

Strange bedfellows, but it worked. And I really hate the argument that Hillary was a bad candidate. She wasn't. We (well, not me personally, but others) were bad voters.

Reply to this post

Response to ificandream (Reply #6)

Thu May 12, 2022, 03:24 PM

12. And likely has some help

From Poo Tin

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 02:19 PM

7. Contrast the professionalism of Psaki with Senator Collins and the SC justices.

To my knowledge Psaki did not complain in public about threats, though I sure hope she got extra security. Collins called the police over some chalk on her sidewalk, while Alito and Kavanaugh demanded that protesters be barred because they should not be subjected to protests from people angry at them. And there you have it—supreme Court justices who don’t want to uphold the Constitution.

Reply to this post

Response to Lonestarblue (Reply #7)

Thu May 12, 2022, 02:56 PM

10. Is her name Susan?

I thought after the chalk ‘incident’ it was Karen, Karen Collins.

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 02:30 PM

8. And yesterday the Administration

...was requesting protestors going to the homes of conservative members of SCOTUS to tone it down. This was in the WaPo and the comment section was long and a majority of commenters said "Screw that!".

The right has been intimidating the left with threats for a long time now. About time we counter that.

As for the homes of judges being sacrosanct, remember that the SCOTUS said that harrassment by Westboro Chuch crazies was just fine!!

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 02:52 PM

9. This is a shame because they also harassed Fauci (and continue to do so)

for the past 2, no going on 3 years.

But chalk up a sidewalk and

Reply to this post

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #9)

Thu May 12, 2022, 03:56 PM

17. With elected

Repukes asking for a firing squad to kill Fauchi. It’s been relentless threats of killing Congress members Senators, governors, teachers, medical professionals and need people from the white right wing especially since trump escalated down. Too chicken shit to walk down. Fuck these pearl clutching add holes. None of those people got special protection. My daughter’s ICU night shift had to be Ed courted to the cats after shift because of those GQP scum.

Reply to this post

Response to Traildogbob (Reply #17)

Thu May 12, 2022, 04:04 PM

18. I really feel for your daughter

having to go through that.

Reply to this post

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #18)

Thu May 12, 2022, 07:51 PM

20. I'm old enough

To remember people cheering them on for their dedication when bodies were being stacked high in refrigerated trucks. That was before right wing hate and lies made them evil enemies of FreeDumb. That is on GQP and right wing. Like we need that to be in power, and next time, they will never leave. And thank you for showing concern for her. This is National Nurse Week. Show them some love and appreciation. Her hospital gave them a coupon for ice cream at the cafeteria, which is close at night, her shift. This hospital was bought by the same Corp that Rick Scott was CEO of that got busted for the largest Medicare fraud in history. And they are still in business, and after being indicted, Scott became Gov, then Senator and wet dreams of President to destroy SS, Medicare and Medicaid.
That is how nurses are appreciated in for profit health care hospitals. And we think Rick Scott gives a damn?
We are a lost democracy with no concern for those that give the most. Corruption and greed under the cloak of THEIR so called God.

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 03:16 PM

11. Seems FBI could cross-check any fingerprints/electronic forensics against 1/6 participants.

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 03:27 PM

13. The people who cross the line from peaceful protest need to face consequences.

it's a matter of time before something bad happens. The closer we get to elections, the more dangerous this becomes.

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 03:34 PM

14. ReTrumplicans and Christofascist terrorists. Cowards every one.

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 03:44 PM

15. I thought we had laws against making threats.

Not enforced when it's threats against Democrats?

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 03:53 PM

16. SHE NEEDS TO SUE FAUX NEWS

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 05:53 PM

19. I know there must be some from the left but most threats I see reported are from

the right.

Reply to this post

Thu May 12, 2022, 08:52 PM

21. "Public officials across the country have reported an increasing number of threats"

Hey MSN - any guess on what political ideology is behind something like 99.9% of these threats?

Any guesses why the GOP does not want that investigated?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread