HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 18 news outlets ask court...

Mon May 9, 2022, 08:22 PM

18 news outlets ask court to release filings in Meadows lawsuit against Jan. 6 committee

Source: The Hill

Eighteen news outlets have asked a court to publicly release the filings from former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows’s lawsuit against the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

In a court filing Monday, the media outlets asked for sealed documents, including a May 2 court order, to be released to the public, writing that they are subject to the “First Amendment and common law rights of access.”

Meadows has provided the Jan. 6 panel with a trove of documents but continues to fight against its authority, including refusing to sit for an interview.

The outlets seeking court documents filed under seal in his case include ABC News, CNN, CBS News, The Wall Street Journal, the Los Angeles Times, National Public Radio, The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today and The Associated Press.

Read more: https://thehill.com/news/media/3482383-18-news-outlets-ask-court-to-release-meadows-lawsuit-against-jan-6-committee/

7 replies, 1209 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply 18 news outlets ask court to release filings in Meadows lawsuit against Jan. 6 committee (Original post)
brooklynite May 9 OP
KS Toronado May 9 #1
PatSeg May 10 #2
hamsterjill May 10 #3
KS Toronado May 10 #4
hamsterjill May 10 #5
KS Toronado May 10 #6
hamsterjill May 10 #7

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Mon May 9, 2022, 09:55 PM

1. Meadows has really surprised me

thought he would turn on The King of Babble-On in a heartbeat, appears he's just like his old boss,
challenge everything in court and delay and delay until it goes away. Don't believe it'll work
this time after attempting to overthrow our Government.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to KS Toronado (Reply #1)

Tue May 10, 2022, 08:48 AM

2. Perhaps he has more to hide

than people realize. Maybe he is protecting himself as well as his old boss.

Reply to this post

Response to KS Toronado (Reply #1)

Tue May 10, 2022, 09:01 AM

3. Why would he surprise you?

Anyone who gets into bed with Trump has got to be just like Trump, and must sell their soul to Trump or they won’t even be considered.

We should not be surprised at ANY of the Trump puppets. The attitude that any of these people will “turn” on Trump truly astounds me. Trump will have made sure he has leverage over them - enough to insure loyalty no matter what.

Reply to this post

Response to hamsterjill (Reply #3)

Tue May 10, 2022, 10:05 AM

4. Author of an article at least a year old now

convinced me Meadows would do anything to save his neck, appears he was wrong. When he handed over
his emails I thought he was on track to be turning on IQ 4.5. Whenever dealing with reQublicOns,
the landscape sure changes fast.

Reply to this post

Response to KS Toronado (Reply #4)

Tue May 10, 2022, 10:28 AM

5. Thank you for your perspective.

Yes, the landscape does change fast. But always in the direction of benefit TO the Republicans unfortunately, it seems.

Have an awesome day!

Reply to this post

Response to hamsterjill (Reply #5)

Tue May 10, 2022, 10:56 AM

6. OK, and practice what you preach.....

ie: "Have an awesome day!"

Reply to this post

Response to KS Toronado (Reply #6)

Tue May 10, 2022, 11:05 AM

7. Will do my best!

n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread