HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Suspect charged in Michig...

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 04:54 PM

Suspect charged in Michigan school shooting, 4th student dies

Source: axios

Updated 1 hour ago -

The latest: Ethan Crumbley will be charged as an adult. The charges were announced shortly after officials said a fourth person died as a result of the shooting at Oxford High School in Oakland County, about 30 miles north of Detroit.

Crumbley remains in custody. Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said that investigators had not yet determined a motive for the shooting. "The person that's got the most insight and the motive is not talking," Bouchard said Tuesday night.

Crumbley has been charged with one count of terrorism, four counts of murder, seven counts of assault with intent to murder, Oakland County prosecutor Karen D. McDonald said. He will be arraigned later Wednesday.

Students Hana St. Juliana, 14, Madisyn Baldwin, 17, and Tate Myre, 16, were confirmed Tuesday to have died in the shooting. Myre died in a patrol car on his way to the hospital, Bouchard said.

Read more: https://www.axios.com/michigan-high-school-shooting-42334be9-28e2-4997-bc91-a399cd866dd8.html

https://images.axios.com/umnr7iTGOab9_AnjwvPb_SPG0Yk=/0x358:6000x3733/1920x1080/2021/12/01/1638381112968.jpg
Students, parents, teachers, and community members gather for a vigil at the Lake Point Community Church following a shooting at Oxford High School on November 30, 2021 in Oxford, Michigan

Students, parents, teachers, and community members gather for a vigil on Nov. 30 in Oxford, Michigan. Photo: Matthew Hatcher/Getty Images

15 replies, 2193 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 04:57 PM

1. Maybe daddy should have been more interested in paying child support than buying guns

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 05:05 PM

2. The mother is a Trumper idiot.

Apparently she wrote this open letter to Trump a few years ago... that last line is a doozy.

“Mr. Trump, I actually love that you are a bad public speaker because that showed sincerity, and humility,” she wrote. “You changed your mind, and you said ‘so what.’ You made the famous ‘grab them in the pussy’ comment, did it offend me? No. I say things all the time that people take the wrong way, do I mean them, not always. Do I agree that you should of [sic] shown your tax returns? No. I don’t care what you do or maybe don’t pay in taxes, I think those are personal and if the Gov’t can lock someone up over $10,000 of unpaid taxes and you slipped on by, then that shows the corruption.”

Crumbley went on to tell Trump that she hoped he would “really uncover the politicians for what I believe they really are,” and that he might “shut down Big Pharma, make health care affordable for me and my MIDDLE CLASS family again.” She was in favor of Trump’s long-promised border wall, and noted that she was “not racist” because her grandfather “came straight off the boat in Italy.”

“As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms,” the letter continued. “Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions. Thank you for respecting that Amendment.”

She complained about parents at other schools where the “kids come from illegal immigrant parents,” and “don’t care about learning.”

It was signed, “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ethan-crumbley-identified-as-oxford-high-school-michigan-mass-shooter

Reply to this post

Response to honest.abe (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 05:19 PM

3. She sounds nice.

Do I need the sarcasm emoji?

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 05:44 PM

8. She sounds like a

real winner. Wonder what she thinks about the fact that tfg never tried to do anything to make health care affordable for the middle class and in fact everything he did was for the rich and for himself. He never liked the middle class and never had any intention of doing anything for them.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 06:37 PM

10. If

This letter was sent as written here, just a missive from trash to trash.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 2, 2021, 02:24 AM

15. geez. no wonder the son is having problems.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 05:22 PM

4. Quick Ethan,study the Rittenhouse court vids and learn how to FAKE CRY--Apoo,Apoo,Apoo.

Oh yeah...tell them that it looked like those students you killed were..."reaching for their waistband".

Reply to this post

Response to Bengus81 (Reply #4)

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 06:49 PM

11. "I shot all those other kids because I was a white person in fear for my life!!!"

(Extremely bitter )

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 05:26 PM

5. Why seek a motive?

Even if it offers insight, it won't move any rightwing gunnuts off their center of gun ownership and acceptable gun mayhem. The arguments for gun ownership have reached ridiculous lows and no one is safe from trigger happy maniacs who get off on shooting guns.

The shooter got a gun and killed 4 people. His family has him. The families who lost their children have that. The same story, played out over and over and over.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 05:32 PM

6. Has MTG got a bill in the House to get this puke a Congressional Medal of Freedom too?

Ok...it's early but give her some time.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 05:32 PM

7. For the first time in my life, I fantasize about leaving my country.

It is nothing more than fantasy, but I am sick of what we have become. We have women like this mother who think sexual assault is a joke and who worship a rapist and tax cheat as if he is someone to put on a pedestal. How did we lose the sense of decency, the idea that all people have rights not just those born with white skin. Of course, the idea that the grass is always greener somewhere else is a myth, though I’d like to find that greener grass. Between the Supreme Court taking away women’s rights, a new Covid variant, and the daily gun violence we live with, I’m just tired. When do our kids get to go to school without the fear of being murdered?

Reply to this post

Response to Lonestarblue (Reply #7)

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 06:33 PM

9. That resonates. Totally feel the same way. We are not what we were, even 5 years ago.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 07:10 PM

12. Lay this horror directly at the feet of the Republican Party and the NRA

They deny any rational national debate on gun control because of their perverse fetish.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 09:04 PM

13. Life in prison for the father sounds right.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 11:51 PM

14. Damn, they're finally charging a mass shooter with terrorism

The prosecutor is also looking at how best to charge the parents too.

I don't have high hopes for the terrorism charge but it's important to use the word for these people who terrorize Americans.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread