HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Survivor found in coal mi...

Fri Nov 26, 2021, 10:20 AM

Survivor found in coal mine accident in Russia's Siberia

Source: AP

By DASHA LITVINOVA

MOSCOW (AP) — Rescue crews have found a survivor in a Siberian coal mine where dozens of miners are presumed dead after a devastating methane explosion, a senior regional official said on Friday.

Kemerovo region Governor Sergei Tsivilyov said on the messaging app Telegram that the survivor was found in the Listvyazhnaya mine in southwestern Siberia, and “he is being taken to the hospital.”

Acting Emergency Minister Alexander Chupriyan identified the survivor as rescuer Alexander Zakovryashin who had been presumed dead. “I can consider it a miracle,” Chupriyan said.

Zakovryashin was conscious when rescuers reached him and has been hospitalized with moderate carbon monoxide poisoning, according to emergency officials.

A Russian Emergency Ministry truck is parked at the Listvyazhnaya mine, right, near Belovo, in the Kemerovo region of southwestern Siberia, Russia, Friday, Nov. 26, 2021. A devastating explosion in the Siberian coal mine Thursday left dozens of miners and rescuers dead about 250 meters (820 feet) underground, Russian officials said.(AP Photo/Sergei Gavrilenko)

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/business-europe-explosions-russia-fires-3bbb8ef83242935c57c0a561f0ea32be

2 replies, 1182 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Survivor found in coal mine accident in Russia's Siberia (Original post)
Omaha Steve Nov 26 OP
secondwind Nov 26 #1
Greybnk48 Nov 26 #2

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Fri Nov 26, 2021, 10:39 AM

1. I'm happy to hear some good news .............

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Fri Nov 26, 2021, 04:32 PM

2. Good news!

I hope he's ok.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread