HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Italy Is Making COVID-19 ...

Fri Sep 17, 2021, 05:05 PM

Italy Is Making COVID-19 Health Passes Mandatory For All Workers

Source: NPR

In the fight to slow the spread of COVID-19 and to vaccinate its population, Italy is making COVID-19 health passes mandatory for all workers becoming the first European country to do so.

In a newly approved measure introduced Thursday by the Italian government, officials said digital vaccine certificates will be mandatory for all employees across the country.

The health pass, or "green pass," details whether a person has been fully vaccinated, tested negative or has recently recovered from the virus. The passes are available in both digital and paper formats.
-snip-

Earlier this month, Italy made the green pass a requirement for its teachers and other public workers, as health care workers were required to be vaccinated since March.

Read more: Lihttps://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/17/1038240183/italy-vaccine-health-pass-for-employeesnk to source

Italy takes point in the world, leading the way forward.

5 replies, 1045 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Italy Is Making COVID-19 Health Passes Mandatory For All Workers (Original post)
ffr Sep 17 OP
iluvtennis Sep 17 #1
Chin music Sep 20 #3
iluvtennis Sep 20 #5
Sabrielo Sep 18 #2
Chin music Sep 20 #4

Response to ffr (Original post)

Fri Sep 17, 2021, 07:54 PM

1. My daughter has been in school in Italy for last 3 years. She came to states to visit the family

in August and I got to see her paper green passport. It was much more comprehensive than the CDC vax card I have. It had a special QR code tracking number and specially coded seal of the ministry of health to protect from folks making false documents.

Bravo Italy for mandating this for all workers!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to iluvtennis (Reply #1)

Response to Chin music (Reply #3)

Mon Sep 20, 2021, 10:37 AM

5. Exactly. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ffr (Original post)

Sat Sep 18, 2021, 08:00 PM

2. It's the right thing to do

It's a no beainer.