HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Lawsuit Demanding Release...

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:17 PM

Lawsuit Demanding Release of Joe Biden's Senate Papers Heard at Delaware Supreme Court

Source: Newsweek

A lawsuit from two right-wing groups arguing that the University of Delaware should release documents from President Joe Biden's time as a senator has been heard at the state's Supreme Court.

Judicial Watch and the Daily Caller News Foundation, whose Daily Caller news site was co-founded by Fox News' Tucker Carlson, are suing the university after they refused to release papers from Biden's 30-year career in the Senate.

The lawsuit was filed after the state Supreme Court rejected their appeal to have the papers released under Delaware's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Biden gave his senatorial papers to the University of Delaware as a gift in 2012. They contain 1,850 boxes and 415 gigabytes of electronic records, according to the Delaware News Journal.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lawsuit-demanding-release-of-joe-bidens-senate-papers-heard-at-delaware-supreme-court/ar-AAOwaJN?li=BBnb7Kz

Obama's birth certificate part 2.

BTW where are Trump's taxes?

12 replies, 1859 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lawsuit Demanding Release of Joe Biden's Senate Papers Heard at Delaware Supreme Court (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Sep 16 OP
Midnight Writer Sep 16 #1
qzwv8j Sep 17 #12
forgotmylogin Sep 16 #2
zipplewrath Sep 16 #3
CousinIT Sep 16 #4
stillcool Sep 16 #5
Baked Potato Sep 16 #6
multigraincracker Sep 16 #7
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Sep 16 #8
Bayard Sep 17 #9
The Mouth Sep 17 #10
ripcord Sep 17 #11

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:21 PM

1. Time to use the Trump Method. Appeal, delay, appeal some more, delay, repeat.

I suggest that, since Joe was on Committees handling National Security information, that they spend a few years reviewing and redacting these documents.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Midnight Writer (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 17, 2021, 11:13 AM

12. This

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:28 PM

2. Papers given as a gift to a University would already be accessible, wouldn't they?

They're archiving the papers like a library - unless I'm fundamentally unclear on how it works. Isn't there a route for anyone to potentially apply for credentials and read them? Isn't that why they are housed there? They're not required to release them publicly I suppose just like a library wouldn't be required to publicly release the text of a Stephen King book.

Reply to this post

Response to forgotmylogin (Reply #2)

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:36 PM

3. Not necessarily

These "gifts" often come with restrictions. Mostly it is about how long the materials can be held out of general public view. "Scholars" or researchers frequently can be given "access" but are prevented from directly quoting or copying anything. This access is often controlled by the person/estate that made the gift. It's been 8 years. I suspect the typical restraint is for another 17 years. He's probably be dead by then, and no one will really care. Furthermore, now that he'll have a "presidential library", I suspect that these materials will somehow be folded into his overall political record.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:37 PM

4. Delaware SC should see "Judicial Watch" and toss the the thing post-haste.

It's a pure bullshit request - anything from JW would be. These are the same rabid hyenas that went after Clinton.

It's bullshit.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:40 PM

5. they can't help themselves..

but it is interesting that the article comes from Newsweek.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:43 PM

6. Sorry, Joe Biden will still be President. But, "please proceed."

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:50 PM

7. Don't they have Hunters laptop.

It's all on there including Hillary's servers. But some how, they aren't looking for the Pee tapes.

Reply to this post

Response to multigraincracker (Reply #7)

Thu Sep 16, 2021, 08:52 PM

8. I hear they have the routers in Bill's workshop

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 17, 2021, 08:52 AM

9. What kind of smoking gun do they think they would find?

I doubt Biden had anything to hide.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 17, 2021, 11:05 AM

10. All papers and information

produced by anyone in the government or paid by it should be public.

*ONLY* exceptions for things that genuinely need to be classified and personal medical information, and even all of that after 5 or 10 years.

Everybody should know everything, to the greatest degree possible. Certainly everything our tax dollars paid for except for a *VERY* few things, and even then with a sunset of within a few years.

Just my .02. Secrecy sucks.

Reply to this post

Response to The Mouth (Reply #10)

Fri Sep 17, 2021, 11:08 AM

11. I have to agree

Regardless of whether they were donated to a university or not those are public documents.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread