HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Blinken says China "has t...

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 10:58 AM

Blinken says China "has to cooperate" with international probe into coronavirus origins

Source: CBS

Washington Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday that China must cooperate with further investigations from the United States and the World Health Organization into the origins of COVID-19, with the world now "insisting" that Beijing do so.

In an interview with "Face the Nation," Blinken said the main purpose of the examinations is to ensure proper policies and mechanisms can be put in place to prevent another pandemic from happening again or mitigate another outbreak.

"China has to cooperate with that," the secretary of state told "Face the Nation." "Transparency, access for international experts, information sharing, that has to happen and, again, I think you're seeing countries come together to insist on that."

While President Biden ordered last month the U.S. intelligence community to redouble efforts to investigate the origins of COVID-19, the Group of Seven leaders are also calling for a so-called "Phase II" study from the World Health Organization (WHO) into how the pandemic started, Blinken said.

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/antony-blinken-china-coronavirus-origins-face-the-nation/

4 replies, 994 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Blinken says China "has to cooperate" with international probe into coronavirus origins (Original post)
SouthBayDem Jun 13 OP
WHITT Jun 13 #1
stopdiggin Jun 13 #2
joetheman Jun 13 #3
Initech Jun 14 #4

Response to SouthBayDem (Original post)

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 11:38 AM

1. For What?

Been there, done that, and all their conspiracy theories have blown up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 08:31 PM

2. blowing smoke

pretty words (and it'd be great if it actually happened) -- but this is strictly for the cameras. The chances that China will feel compelled to 'cave' to all of these demands ... ? Laughable. Nobody thinks there is even the slightest chance of anything like this ever happening

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 10:10 PM

3. Just putting this out here:

It may be that the COVID-19 originated in a lab. But it didn't have to be a Chinese lab for starters. I know two scientists were hospitalized sometime in late 2019. But to me, that doesn't prove a Chinese lab origin. Here is why:

In early June, my friend's daughter returned for Atlanta, GA after having attended a graduation for her sister around May 28. Three days after returning to Maryland, she got very sick, losing her taste and smell on about the 8th day. She said she thought she was dying because she was having great difficulty breathing. Her husband also became ill but not to the extent that she did. The young lady was sick for 7 weeks before she started feeling better. She had received antibiotics from her doctor which included the usual Z-Pack, aspirin, and she self-treated with vitamins C, D and zinc (Coldeeze tabs). Was in the bed for four days straight with sweats and chills. Was tested for flu (negative) and a few other bugs that all came back negative. She nver really felt totally healed until the latter part of August.

Around that same time, we were reading news reports about seemingly healthy people vacationing around the world suddenly dying without explanation. Several folks in my own immediate family fell ill, went to CVS or to the emergency room and ALL tested negative for the flu. One developed pneumonia that was hard to treat because the virus type could not be identified. Luckily he responded to a series treatments and was fine within about four weeks.

So, I repeat. This COVID-19 may have begun outside a lab and was carried into a lab.. It may or may not have started in China. So I am very interested in what a thorough investigation about this virus turns up.

And, yes, I did convey all this information to health officials and even wrote to a few Cogrescritters on Twitter and sent letters to Fauci, and the Biden camp about these anecdotes. Haven't heard anyything from anyone. I don't care to hear anything from those I contacted. I just want them to have the information and to consider it when studying this virus.

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 14, 2021, 09:38 PM

4. What if the lab theory were proven true?

And we went to war with China - that is a war we would not win. Sanctions wouldn't do much either. They're just beating a dead horse at this point.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread