HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Tornadoes cause damage in...

Mon May 3, 2021, 07:59 AM

Tornadoes cause damage in Mississippi; Tupelo hit at night

Source: AP

Multiple tornadoes were reported across Mississippi on Sunday, causing some damage but no immediate word of injuries.

A line of severe storms rolled through the state Sunday afternoon and into the nighttime hours. Late Sunday, a “tornado emergency” was declared for Tupelo and surrounding areas. Meteorologists urged residents to take cover.

“Damage has been reported in the City of Tupelo,” the mayor’s office said in a Facebook post just before 11 p.m. “Emergency crews are currently assessing the degree of damage. Please do not get out and drive.”

Photos retweeted by the National Weather Service in Memphis showed several downed trees and power lines. Tupelo Middle School sustained some damage, as well as houses and businesses.

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/mississippi-tornadoes-7137b3896f50b4b37d290acafcc4b89b

1 replies, 613 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tornadoes cause damage in Mississippi; Tupelo hit at night (Original post)
Omaha Steve Monday OP
csziggy Monday #1

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Mon May 3, 2021, 11:34 AM

1. Close up drone footage of one of those tornadoes in Mississippi

Close range video of a destructive tornado just southeast of Yazoo City from May 2, 2021. The tornado was catching me (I was near/underneath the drone) so unfortunately the drone didn’t make it. The last shots it got are included here. Sound is from my controller I was holding and you can hear the tornado (that’s how close I was).

NOT my video!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread