HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Biden establishes Gender ...

Mon Mar 8, 2021, 12:39 PM

Biden establishes Gender Policy Council with goal of advancing equality

Source: CBS News

BY MELISSA QUINN

MARCH 8, 2021 / 10:41 AM / CBS NEWS

Washington President Biden on Monday issued an executive order creating a Gender Policy Council at the White House that aims to advance gender equality throughout the federal government, a move that coincides with International Women's Day.

The executive order establishing the new council is one of two Mr. Biden signed that establishes a focus within the Biden administration on promoting women's rights in the U.S. and worldwide.

Led by two co-chairs, Julissa Reynoso, chief of staff to first lady Jill Biden, and Jennifer Klein, who will also serve as its executive director, the Gender Policy Council will play roles in domestic and foreign policy development, according to the White House. The president said in a statement commemorating International Women's Day that his order creating the council ensures "that every domestic and foreign policy we pursue rests on a foundation of dignity and equity for women."

The White House said the effort "will be an essential part of the Biden-Harris Administration's plan to ensure we build a more equal and just society by aggressively protecting the rights and unique needs of those who experience multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination, including individuals who are Black, Latina, Native, Asian American and Pacific Islander, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI+."

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gender-policy-council-equality-biden/

5 replies, 653 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden establishes Gender Policy Council with goal of advancing equality (Original post)
DonViejo Mar 8 OP
mcar Mar 8 #1
Budi Mar 8 #2
SharonClark Mar 8 #3
ShazzieB Mar 8 #4
Politicub Mar 8 #5

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Mon Mar 8, 2021, 12:40 PM

1. Excellent!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Mar 8, 2021, 12:47 PM

2. Great! Name Neera Tanden to the board.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 8, 2021, 01:14 PM

3. I'm so proud of this Biden Administration.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 8, 2021, 02:09 PM

4. Fantastic!

I'm in love with the Biden administration. In love, I tell you!

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 8, 2021, 02:50 PM

5. Love

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread